Kewpie's Dragon Worm Growth Thread

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Weird, now it's showing me all of your other posts....

I hope the lap works out for you! Part of it is knowing the fish for sure. My Del was always really mild-tempered. She was a pig and always my largest but wouldn't go after fish, and was also never aggressive or pushy with the other polys. I put a Teug in with her who was definitely small enough to be eaten. It was a chance, but based on her temperament I took that chance and it was totally fine. Could have been a different story with another poly of her size with a different temperament.

IMG_9001.JPG

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Weird, now it's showing me all of your other posts....

I hope the lap works out for you! Part of it is knowing the fish for sure. My Del was always really mild-tempered. She was a pig and always my largest but wouldn't go after fish, and was also never aggressive or pushy with the other polys. I put a Teug in with her who was definitely small enough to be eaten. It was a chance, but based on her temperament I took that chance and it was totally fine. Could have been a different story with another poly of her size with a different temperament.

View attachment 1306621
Thanks magpie magpie it's still working out really nicely.

I got some sand and driftwood in the mail yesterday, hopefully getting some more plants I ordered on Thursday. I'm pretty excited about the future of the tank :)

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I added new sand, some temporary driftwood and a couple more swords to the tank. Put in my Polleni. A couple hours after the tank clears up I see the Polleni flashing like mad. The female definitely has ich, I can only assume that the male does as well. :mad:

Reactions: magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I added new sand, some temporary driftwood and a couple more swords to the tank. Put in my Polleni. A couple hours after the tank clears up I see the Polleni flashing like mad. The female definitely has ich, I can only assume that the male does as well. :mad:
Ugh not the end of the world though. Most likely you caught it early. Just treat with heat and salt

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Update: 12-Apr-2018 (1 month Poly Keeping)

Ich: Cured

Plants: Half dead from salt treatment for Ich. Frogbit consumed by Polleni

Compatibility: Polleni and Poly's eat alongside one another, zero aggression. Lap is an angel still, I don't see this being a problem. One of the Ornate's tail split, I'm assuming it was aggression from the other Ornate. The tail has since healed so I'm hoping it was just a minor hierarchy dispute.

Debating in my head whether I want to just get some fake plants, add in a favorite or two of my heterospilus and ditch the rest, taking down a tank in the process. I'm honestly not enjoying the hets that much.

Alexkoj

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2017
The Lion City
Update: 12-Apr-2018 (1 month Poly Keeping)

Ich: Cured

Plants: Half dead from salt treatment for Ich. Frogbit consumed by Polleni

Compatibility: Polleni and Poly's eat alongside one another, zero aggression. Lap is an angel still, I don't see this being a problem. One of the Ornate's tail split, I'm assuming it was aggression from the other Ornate. The tail has since healed so I'm hoping it was just a minor hierarchy dispute.

Debating in my head whether I want to just get some fake plants, add in a favorite or two of my heterospilus and ditch the rest, taking down a tank in the process. I'm honestly not enjoying the hets that much.
Maybe try some ferns? They're super hardy and can take some salt too. Let us know how it goes!

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
I still might be able to save my swords, the salinity will go down, I'm just keeping it higher right now to make sure the ich is gone.

Java ferns would probably be good if it was just the polypterus in my tank but I'm considering adding a couple of my Oscura Heterospilus, I'm pretty sure they'll eat it.

I had Java ferns in with my Vieja/Amphilophus tank I had a couple of years ago, it was as if just the ferns presence pissed them off, they destroyed it lol cichlids man

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store