King of DIY (Joey Mullen) Floods his Fish Room and 2 dead fish.

VIDEO

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C23YqwD7PpA&t=31s

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C23YqwD7PpA&t=31s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
I didnt watch the video till now.. so he didnt cover a aquarium with an eel in it and it jumped out.. I'm also curious if anyone else uses those hoses.. they are terrible and fall apart all the time in my experience using them with my pool.. he has the hose hanging at an angle that will eventually lead to it ripping.. also.. mice can't chew through steel wool but water can get through it.. he admits though that he has so many fish and he doesn't care about them ..I'm not hating but damn .. all this stuff was self induced

imabot

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Was it the hose type or the brand? I wonder if he ever opened his gallery to the public like he said. He moved away from real DIY to entertaining the average joe who can't tell a guppy from a pleco.

Reactions: J. H.

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
I use the same type of hose the brand on mine is tetra and they are trash I have to replace it about once a year too. Its easy to pick apart what he does after a fish dies but the only fish death I'd blame directly on him is the eel and even then who keeps eels and hasn't had a jumper.

Fish care wise I don't think he's too bad but he does need to learn to just keep his mouth shut sometimes.

I did perfer his diy videos too but he's still my favorite fish youtuber because everyone else seems to just focuses on nano fish and plants.
20170509_171243.jpg

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
I don't understand why people slate him so much, there's alot I could disagree with him about but you have to give him his dues, he started out as a hobbiest the same as us, took some risk, played his luck and now has nearly a million subscribers. Good luck to him.

burntrubber

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
A little while ago he had a bunch of heaters fail and it killed his Asian arow
The heaters killed his black diamond rays. The aro was killed when it ran into driftwood sticking out of the water after being spooked. This was despite many subscribers telling him to keep the top swimming space clear. In a follow up video he stood by the reason of 'one in a million freak accident'.

blackwolf911

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 24, 2014
new york
The heaters killed his black diamond rays. The aro was killed when it ran into driftwood sticking out of the water after being spooked. This was despite many subscribers telling him to keep the top swimming space clear. In a follow up video he stood by the reason of 'one in a million freak accident'.
Oh that's right.. I can't keep up.. wasn't there also a flowerhorn in with the asian arrow ?

FIU Panther

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 24, 2008
South Florida
When you're in the spotlight people end up having unrealistic standards for you and in today's society it seems everyone is quick to throw stones and try to take someone that is doing well down. All this while, usually, not contributing or taking risks themselves.

As someone else stated, he started as just a normal hobbyist and now has one if not the biggest fish keeping YouTube channels, he's doing something right. Yes, he's moved away from DIY videos but he has gone over why he did in one of his videos; it made sense to me.

This always reminds of this quote when people are trying to take someone down that honestly looks like he's just giving it an honest effort.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. " - Theodore Roosevelt

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I do not fault Joey for any of the mistakes he makes along the way.
I don’t really care that much that he has changed the type videos he produces. That’s his prerogative.
Although I think maybe he should change his self proclaimed title from the “King” of diy if you’re not really doing any diy. There again it’s his title, his choice I guess.
But I have noticed that he does not want any feed back on anything he’s doing unless it’s positive.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store