King of DIY (Joey Mullen) Floods his Fish Room and 2 dead fish.

VIDEO

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C23YqwD7PpA&t=31s

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C23YqwD7PpA&t=31s

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I do not fault Joey for any of the mistakes he makes along the way.
I don’t really care that much that he has changed the type videos he produces. That’s his prerogative.
Although I think maybe he should change his self proclaimed title from the “King” of diy if you’re not really doing any diy. There again it’s his title, his choice I guess.
But I have noticed that he does not want any feed back on anything he’s doing unless it’s positive.
You should never tell a king he is wrong... just like his puppets....... sorry I mean subjects... that their king is wrong

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
Like others have mentioned, that pond tubing is absolute garbage.
I use it just for water changes and would never rely on it to plumb a tank.
I think it's the 1.25" TetraPond pond tubing. It has terrible reviews on Amazon.
If you aren't going to hard plumb, Flex PVC is the way to go.
For the record, I'm hating on the product, not on Joseph.
Although, I'm not sure why he said the pond hose was "very, very thick" because it's absolutely not. The sidewall of the tubing (not the ribbing on it, but the actual sidewall) can't be much more than a millimeter.

Reactions: Cowturtle

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
You should never tell a king he is wrong... just like his puppets....... sorry I mean subjects... that their king is wrong
Yeah I hear ya.
As far as the tubing he used causing the flood. You live you learn. If he's smart he will take a lesson from this and change everything over to more suitable plumbing.
Mistakes are going to happen.

Reactions: Poly Pinni

Sanman

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2016
Now the gallery is over 100 I think he had some more deaths no ac on that build I guess or chillers

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
I do not fault Joey for any of the mistakes he makes along the way.
I don’t really care that much that he has changed the type
Yeah I hear ya.
As far as the tubing he used causing the flood. You live you learn. If he's smart he will take a lesson from this and change everything over to more suitable plumbing.
Mistakes are going to happen.

Actually everyone makes mistakes... just learn from it... His videos are also much better than most to be truthful

But I unsubscribed when he started requesting for donations.. The brief accounts he mentioned don't tally and now when I see him always purchasing fish I just wondered howndid he go from hero to zero to hero again... financially at least

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Now the gallery is over 100 I think he had some more deaths no ac on that build I guess or chillers
Yeah, and this is something I just can't wrap my head around.

There are dozens of ways to cool a room.
Stand alone AC units come to mind first, but there are other ways also.
Numerous "DIY" ways to cool a room!

Ohnoitstfloyd

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2018
Jacksonville, Florida
For now it seems like he'd be making enough. This is just an estimate thoughView attachment 1322774
wow... thats a very large margin lol. " well I know I made 368 k last year baby, but this year has been a little rough and I made a little less, nothing serious, just like 345k less. Oh, by the way honey, you might wanna pick up some more shifts at work. Electric bill is due tomorrow."

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store