Let's see those Commons/Comets/Shubunkins!

the.koi.maiden

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I'm glad to see that goldfish are getting the press they deserve as monsters! People just don't believe me when I tell them just how big these guys can get and what their tank requirements are. I personally don't have the space to keep single-tails. I'd rather devote my precious pond space to koi or tank space to fancies and other fish.

Oddly enough, this has been one of the few forums where I haven't been looked down upon for being a goldfish-keeper. I'm glad I joined!!

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
I adopted 3 Shubunkins a wile ago- now down to one after an unfortunate Ammonia spike, but have just added ( to a now properly cycled 125G) 2 FAT Comets 10" long for sure!...Meant to be feeders, but ended up eating everything instead!

Goldies can and will get HUGE, Worthy of monster tanks and ponds for sure! Plus the added $$$ savings of not heating that huge tank!

fishdat

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2014
Western Canada
[video=youtube;NIF-5xgVQv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIF-5xgVQv0[/video]

A video of my goldfish tank. I'm sure I'll have upgraded to something much bigger this time next year.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Goldies will always have my heart.
I just moved my fish yesterday and have been trying to get some pictures of them. I still need to get measurements on everyone too.

Here is one of two shubunkins I have.
IMG_1130.jpg IMG_1131.jpg
I'll have to get pictures of the other one.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store