Lighting for a 450 gallon tank?

Ari7667

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2018
Pictures are always helpful if it is not to much trouble.

My mom found some big store in San Diego that apparently sells everything. We are planning on going to that soon to look at everything. Hopefully, they have all of these things there.

Of the three, eco-tech, kessil, and halos, which do you guys feel is the best?

-Thank you for all your help.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I got the halos because I good a great price on Black Friday. Aquaticlife has always been a good company and I’ve used their products over many years. It’s also the cheapest.

I’d go halos or ecotech if money wasn’t an issue. Personally, I think the kessil tuna sums are amazing and look very clean. Ecotech can get really pricey.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

Ari7667

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2018
Kessil doesn't have a multi-colored fixture, does it? I cant find one. I like the idea of having more options when it comes to the color.

-Thank you

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Kessil doesn't have a multi-colored fixture, does it? I cant find one. I like the idea of having more options when it comes to the color.

-Thank you
They have salt and fresh. What colors were you looking for?

Ari7667

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2018
They have salt and fresh. What colors were you looking for?
What I mean is in the Ecotech it had one fixture with all the lights, and you can change the lighting around to get the color you want.

We are filling the tank with cichlids, with the holey rock and black gravel. So whatever makes that look the best. Blue and white are what I have heard looks best on the cichlids.

I guess my fear is if we get lights that you can't change and we find we don't like the colors we are now stuck with it.

-Thank you

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store