Lighting for a 450 gallon tank?

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
I’d check around the reefer or planted forums for the amount that you need and what the spread is.

The kessil and aquatic life halos cover 24x24 spread each. Not sure with ecotech.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Kessil doesn't have a multi-colored fixture, does it? I cant find one. I like the idea of having more options when it comes to the color.

-Thank you
As mentioned above, XR15 G4 are the Ecotech Planted/Freshwater option. You'll be able to adjust lighting schemes, intensity, sunrise, sunset, etc. or use existing light templates/program. You could even create storm effects with related Ecotech pumps and wave makers, but we'll stick to core lighting here.

I wanted a light that would enhance my tank on lighting and in looks since it's also in my living room. I probably will not buy another light for this tank, ever. Also, albeit additional cost, I thought they had the best hardware given I didn't want to hang the lights and I have a peninsula tank. Im sure the other lights are good too, but thought this was best for me.

20171220_183707.jpg 20171220_182611.jpg

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
OP, to provide you reference, my tank is 30" wide and 28" tall. Your tank is obviously bigger in length and taller, but to give you an idea on spread.

I run my lights at 50% at it's max time of day.

Reactions: mrrobxc

Ari7667

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2018
Oh wow, your tank is beautiful. We are definitely going with that lighting.

-Thank you for all your help!

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Thanks. If you continue to look on this forum you'll see many others with much larger tanks that look amazing and you'll be inspired.

If you do end up with these let me know if you have any questions...

Rayne

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2010
As mentioned above, XR15 G4 are the Ecotech Planted/Freshwater option. You'll be able to adjust lighting schemes, intensity, sunrise, sunset, etc. or use existing light templates/program. You could even create storm effects with related Ecotech pumps and wave makers, but we'll stick to core lighting here.

I wanted a light that would enhance my tank on lighting and in looks since it's also in my living room. I probably will not buy another light for this tank, ever. Also, albeit additional cost, I thought they had the best hardware given I didn't want to hang the lights and I have a peninsula tank. Im sure the other lights are good too, but thought this was best for me.

View attachment 1303030 View attachment 1303033
What is the length of your tank? 8'? And what offset do you have XR15's spaced apart from each other? This is the setup I have been eyeing up for my 300G build I have in the works. I also have a eurobrace top but wasnt sure how their mounting arm brackets would attach to the tank. Can you describe how it works?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store