Logging the pond and it's inhabitants

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Monday mornings, when you feeding them pets

Btw, how often are you feeding the Aros now Jibran, once or twice a day?

Also I'd imagine they might be doing some snacking on insects that land on the pond surface -- I've noticed that even in my 2 indoor Aros tanks they get some insect supplement between meals, as the screen holes on my lids are big enough for small insects like mosquitoes, flies and moths to go into the tank.

Reactions: Tobiassorensen

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Btw, how often are you feeding the Aros now Jibran, once or twice a day?

Also I'd imagine they might be doing some snacking on insects that land on the pond surface -- I've noticed that even in my 2 indoor Aros tanks they get some insect supplement between meals, as the screen holes on my lids are big enough for small insects like mosquitoes, flies and moths to go into the tank.
My feeding regimen is alternate day unless the fish are less than 6-8 months old.

ATM 10 arowana eat nearly 200-250 adult super worms.

I get a lot of dragonflies during monsoon at the pond laying eggs, also catching small water striders or other insects, real big dragonflies too, 4"+ in size.

I am yet too see the arowana try to catch any flying insect nearby the surface, as I haven't observed any insects near the surface. But my pond is rid of all water striders

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
My feeding regimen is alternate day unless the fish are less than 6-8 months old.

ATM 10 arowana eat nearly 200-250 adult super worms.

I get a lot of dragonflies during monsoon at the pond laying eggs, also catching small water striders or other insects, real big dragonflies too, 4"+ in size.

I am yet too see the arowana try to catch any flying insect nearby the surface, as I haven't observed any insects near the surface. But my pond is rid of all water striders
Thx for sharing Jirbran. I'd like to eventually get on an every other day feeding schedule -- I was on twice on a day but then changed to once a day a couple of weeks ago after I noticed both my Aros were getting too chunky lol.

That said I think my fishes' total caloric intake isn't too different than yours (which would work out to about 10-15 SW per Aro if you fed every day) -- but your fish undoubtedly get more exercise in that big pond, not to mention living in active community setting.

Reactions: Matteus

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Feeding tilapia today morning

All of them eat tilapia except for one of my high back gold, he only eats insects, the rest all eat anything, fish fillet, insects, pellets

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Well this Sunday, that is 26-05-2019, I noticed one of the bigger silver arowana were found to be dead on the floor.

Didn't have my phone along with me when I found this, hence I just removed the fish and buried it in the garden.

There were no injuries or scars, this fella was one of the big guys who was aggressive towards others.

Well here's the update for this weekend

Watch in HD

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
Sorry to hear about the big silver Jibran, gee I wonder what the cause of death was, any theories? I know ghost shrimp heads are small, but maybe it could have had a digestive problem from them? Not likely I guess, but just throwing ideas on table.

Flagtails are looking nice!

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
I hadn't fed them ghost shrimp for a while, no stocks for a while due to summer, they got super worms and fish fillet.

No ideas what couldve happened, must've died on Saturday, as the body was still firm and hadn't rotted yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store