Looking for a fish

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Red Tail Cuda get to around 10-12 inches, or Hujeta Gar get to 9 inches-but they are piscivores.
Red tail cudas will get to 8in most of the time. Hujeta will get 6-7inches majority.

Thanks, I was originally thinking about a wolf fish either red or black but I have heard they aren't active swimmers. If they have adequate space would they swim?
Red will 8-10 at the most. Black wolves can get big, over 20inches. Active with food otherwise will lay around a lot. Especially if fed daily.

The odoe pike looks like a fish i would like. Can I manage it you think though?
Should be fine but will need a 6ftnlong tank eventually. Will get up to 14 inch inmost home aquariums. That 350g should be a nice future home.

Reactions: tlindsey

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
If you were not really needing a predator a group of 15 Tropheus are very active. However if you would like a large predator maybe a Peacock Bass of some sort would work for you.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
If you were not really needing a predator a group of 15 Tropheus are very active. However if you would like a large predator maybe a Peacock Bass of some sort would work for you.

Thatoscarguy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 21, 2017
Or Raphael cat if you want catfish mine is very active but every one is different maybe a bichir or peacock bass as said above

shamrock

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2006
El Paso
Red tail cudas will get to 8in most of the time. Hujeta will get 6-7inches majority.

Red will 8-10 at the most. Black wolves can get big, over 20inches. Active with food otherwise will lay around a lot. Especially if fed daily.

Should be fine but will need a 6ftnlong tank eventually. Will get up to 14 inch inmost home aquariums. That 350g should be a nice future home.
I am just speaking from personal experience, I had a school of Red Tail Cudas, Hujeta Gars, and Odoe Pikes and they were all around 10-14 inches.

Reactions: kno4te

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
I am just speaking from personal experience, I had a school of Red Tail Cudas, Hujeta Gars, and Odoe Pikes and they were all around 10-14 inches.
Very nice. I have had them as well and nonreached those sizes. Expect the odoe. Lucky you!

Mr. Cactus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2017

What kind of fish go well with the odoe pike?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store