Looking for advice please

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
That is high nitrate on a drip, I would up the drip, overhaul the filters to remove sludge and keep an eye on the nitrate, the test kits look to be at max but when they do that you could be 500% of max and it will not show more.

Also try growing some devils ivy (pathos) it sits outside the tank and with roots in tank goes mad for nitrate. Many will say nitrate doesn't matter, they just fool themselves, try to get under 40 ppm and I bet they are perfect again. Some big water changes will help.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
That is high nitrate on a drip, I would up the drip, overhaul the filters to remove sludge and keep an eye on the nitrate, the test kits look to be at max but when they do that you could be 500% of max and it will not show more.

Also try growing some devils ivy (pathos) it sits outside the tank and with roots in tank goes mad for nitrate. Many will say nitrate doesn't matter, they just fool themselves, try to get under 40 ppm and I bet they are perfect again. Some big water changes will help.

Just Toby

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Guildford UK
I would personally avoid prazi. You rarely need meds with rays, just clean water but other countries (other than uk) seem quick to use it. Clean water is normally all a ray needs and plenty of it.

Reactions: viper0397

viper0397

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com

I actually have a nitrate test from a different manufacturer that reefers use which is a lot better than the API test. You can also use it for freshwater. If I test with that one I am at 50 ppm. I don't trust that api too much.

This is the test kit I trust more.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/salifert-nitrate-aquarium-test-kit.html

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Never been a big fan of drip so I'm little biased to WC but I do think a drip is a God sent with large volume of water, I'm just old school and prefer to change water if possible .

Reactions: viper0397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store