looking for some rays for my tank.....

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
Ok he is the short story..... not sure that many remember me here but used to be very very active in this forum. Have had rays for the last 15 years. Was one of the first to ever breed retic rays (17 pups shipped nationally). At one point we had 9 adult rays in our 600 gallon tank. Over the last 18 months we have lost all but 1 ray. All rays were between 11-15 years old so thinking more than likely just old age. None acted sick or quit eating, they ate and would be dead the next day. Anyway looking to start with some younger stock again as I certainly miss them. Still currently have a female henlei in the tank around 12 inches. Would be interested in just about any rays, would prefer to buy multiple rays from one person and obviously the closer the better. Would be willing to drive within about 600 miles from Spokane washington. Not looking to pay the old crazy ray prices, and will gladly take mature older rays VS pups. Help me get rays back in my tank!!!!

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Hey Nicole, I hope you're well. We met at the MFK meet in Seattle a few years back. I am somewhat local (about 10 mins north of Portland). I have a few pups I haven't posted for sale yet (pictured below) that were bred/born at my place.

BD pups (x3 males)
P14 x henlei pups (x1 female x2 males)

20161114_191717.jpg

^ sorry for the mess, it's feeding time and they eat a lot of pellets.... Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

Reactions: tlindsey and kno4te

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
Yes I absolutely remember you. Your pups are gorgeous. Im really trying to avoid pups though at this moment if I can. Curious what you have as a price tag for them though.....curiosity killed the cat sort of thing LOL. Would you possibly have anything in the 2+ year old range you might be thinking about parting with? Would have no problem driving to Portland for rays .....

Reactions: JK47

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Yes I absolutely remember you. Your pups are gorgeous. Im really trying to avoid pups though at this moment if I can. Curious what you have as a price tag for them though.....curiosity killed the cat sort of thing LOL. Would you possibly have anything in the 2+ year old range you might be thinking about parting with? Would have no problem driving to Portland for rays .....
Thank you for the kind words. I sit in front of this tank for hours. It's a 6x3 chunk of happiness in there and I really enjoy it... I don't blame you at all regarding pups vs adults if I were in your shoes.

The only adult I may part with is my female leo but I will need to think on that one. She is stunning and a favorite in our house. Are you looking for good breeding candidates or wet pets? I do not breed her, intentionally.

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Hi Nicole,

Good to see you are still around. Sorry to read you lost most of your rays. Good luck with your search.

grapedinox

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
Spokane Wa
The bank act is not real forgiving at the moment..... Ive been looking for rays on the lower end cost wise and preferable semi adult 2-3 year range......marble motors, motor, retic, hystrix and the like........

Plant300

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Im looking to move three 6" motoros (2 female and 1 male) and one 9" female orbignyi
they all eat cut table shrimp and smelt

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store