Votes: 29 33.7%
  • PC

Votes: 57 66.3%

• Total voters

ca2or

Feeder Fish
Aug 13, 2009
Beaverton, Oregon
Hi, my name is CA2OR and I am a PC. Being that I have been repairing computers for over 15 years I have come to like PCs much more. MAC's although look great and run well, when they fail...find nearest ATM...let's just say they have a fierce reputation for that too. They cost a pretty penny to get fixed. In fact I used to charge $50 more an hour to customers with MAC's and continually hear about how good of a deal I was providing. No offense meant towards anyone, but to me MAC is a cult....and I refuse to join. I actually feel that way about most Apple products, but ipod and iphone are pretty sweet gadgets.

sostoudt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
va
DavidW;3365015; said:
Mac
:)
As Steve Jobs so accurately said : you won;t find a PC owner who says they love their PC but there are plenty of Mac users ( me included) who love their Macs.
if you find people that buy higher end PC's some of them love there computers.

but i dont think its healthy to have feelings for inanimate objects. you end up doing weird unnatural things with them. do your friends ever ask you why your mac is so sticky?:ROFL:

sostoudt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
va
DavidW;3365467; said:
Saying Mac and PC are the same is like saying Volkswagon and Porsche are the same imo.
you can pay more for a nice pc and it will be a ferrari or a lutos. you see pcs come in different qualities because there are different manufacturers.

also if i had to choose the car mac would be its a aptera definitely not a porsche;)

fanboys lol.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I can't get into the whole Mac thing. I've tried a few, and they seem to be nice, but I can't find anything that would justify the additional cost. Like some others here I like building my own system. I've never really had any problems with windows. Almost all of the issues I've had have been hardware related.

My iphone has made me hate apple even more. It's pretty cool, but it's not worth the cost IMO.

I'll just leave this here:

1244156583634.jpg

assortedsorts

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
Ontario
sostoudt;3373171; said:
if you find people that buy higher end PC's some of them love there computers.

but i dont think its healthy to have feelings for inanimate objects. you end up doing weird unnatural things with them. do your friends ever ask you why your mac is so sticky?:ROFL:
HA

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
been a hardcore pc user, building my own PC from barebones

upon graduation from a tech university..... I had my pc crash on me for the most stupidest reasons too many times and having to replace parts there and here when they were practically new on different computers-

I just have had it and been a MAC user and haven't looked back to PC for 2 years now

Whew.

SFury

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2009
Wisconsin
I'd have responded sooner, but was very busy this past weekend.

DavidW;3365467; said:
I don;t know what a " shoeple" is
:(
Basically it means many of the first responders were so on the Apple bandwagon they sounded like the recent Apple commercials. Making them appear to be sheep-like people. Regurgitating things heard and not experienced.

My current mac ( powermac pro laptop) has not had a crash or a freeze since I bought it 4 years ago. never a virus problem, never a software problem, It is made ( the casing) from titanium, good luck cracking that. I did have a battery problem along with many Mac and SonyPC users, replaced for free without question.
I've custom built PCs for over 11 years and aside from a couple of bad installs never had any major issues. Driver support can make or break an OS install.
Every good idea Windows ever had they stole from mac ( an old quote)
The reality is the Apple development team has traditionally been very good. Their marketing team has been extremely incompetent with releasing new hardware for computers.

So bad that Microsoft has seen the incredibly screwed up first generation releases, fixed them up and added to them, and then made a killing with some of the improvements. Apple made it happen to themselves. Actually Steve Jobs has hurt Apple because of his forced releases going against the wishes of the R&D team.

Are you saying that windows ( PC) whatever their latest tragedy is, is as good/stable as Mac OS Leopard?
Yes, in relation to what they try to support. Support virtually nothing and of course it should always work.

Saying Mac and PC are the same is like saying Volkswagon and Porsche are the same imo.
Well, when the only thing different is the body, then they are the same. From an actual physical standpoint the difference between Macs and PCs is extremely minimal. They have the same engine, transmission, frame, and suspension now. The difference is the shell and the tires.

Put it this way.
No-one ever converts from Mac to PC, but plenty convert from PC to mac
If this were true then the almost 10% marketshare that Apple had a few years ago wouldn't be around 4% now.

Macs have a niche because they are more reliable and because many graphics programs ( photoshop etc) were native to(written specifically for) mac. Work retouching a large file photo for a couple hours on your PC then tell me how it feels to have the machine freeze on you. It is perhaps exactly because of market share that 99.9% of malicious viruses are written to attack windows.
I guess for netsurfing there isn;t much difference, until that attack comes along, then, good luck to you
I'm not much of a geek, but i know what works
I'm glad you like your machine. I'm an IT person who has worked extensively with both platforms for many years now.

I know the niche Apple carved for themselves, I know their horrific support structure now too. Apples are not immune to anything. There are MacOS virii out there. Be proactive and protect yourself just in case.

Neither the MacOS, Linux, or Windows OS are bad. They all have strengths and weaknesses.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store