Matrix vs. Pond Matrix

Laticauda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2010
Central Oklahoma
knifegill;4832374; said:
Heh. Love the syntax in that expression. Very Sublime.
Sorry...I'm from the hood. Don't let that I live in OK fool you, I'm straight up gangsta...Bad News, VA! (Ok, just kidding, I don't really call it bad news, but I did pretty much grow up in Newport News, VA.)

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
No, your avatar makes it clear you're a tough cookie. It's that face that says "I'm smiling because I'm two steps ahead of you, so watch your back". :)

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
jrimmer;4832332; said:
I don't understand that logic. If Pond Matrix is larger chunks of Matrix wouldn't the minimization of all the space between the pieces of Matrix be an advantage with Pond Matrix? Larger pieces means less air volume means more surface area. Basically all the space that exists between Matrix is more likely to be occupied with Pond Matrix' matter.
if you think about it in perfect mathematical form (ie. perfect circle in a perfect square) you won't get any more or less volume of circles in a given space, but since the pieces are not perfect, the smaller pieces settle together better than the larger ones, filling more open space.

although this isn't a perfect representation of what's going on, this should help you understand why it works.

*by volume, i meant area:duh:

1sq1 copy.jpg

4sq.jpg

Laticauda

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2010
Central Oklahoma
ScatMan;4832890; said:
if you think about it in perfect mathematical form (ie. perfect circle in a perfect square) you won't get any more or less volume of circles in a given space, but since the pieces are not perfect, the smaller pieces settle together better than the larger ones, filling more open space.

although this isn't a perfect representation of what's going on, this should help you understand why it works.
I think what you are trying to say is:

Which fills up a glass closer to its full capacity: big ice cubes, or crushed/shaved ice?

ScatMan

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2010
PA
Laticauda;4832901; said:
I think what you are trying to say is:

Which fills up a glass closer to its full capacity: big ice cubes, or crushed/shaved ice?
you--->:nutkick:<---me

thanks for keeping it simple! lol

it's hard to visualize for some people, myself included. i need to see numbers.

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
Bulk matrix is actually not that much, I found 4L of pond matrix for $24 and 4L of matrix for $30, and you could probably find it closer to that.

jrimmer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Xanth
The math works for me as well. Though it was your line regarding the irregularity of the Matrix sizes that tipped me off to my error. I had my media discombobulated and incorrectly understood Matrix to be composed of (near)perfect cylinders/spheres/dodecahedrons/whatever. I tip my hat to Matrix's ability to maximize media volume.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Not sure about pond matrix, but i like matrix alot

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store