Meet Chappie

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
So a little while back I posted a thread because he had some sort of sore on his head. It seemed to have grown and it looked like what some feel could be a tumour. It really stressed me out, hearing that I am supposed to cut this thing off, with out having any experience out side of bruised potatoes. I even looked into a vet that would be able to do it. One response I got was that it would be cheaper to get a new fish rather than do surgery. Obviously that’s not the point.

After upping my water changes and dosing with salt, i am pleased to announce. it seems to have stopped growing and possibly is starting to shrink

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
So a little while back I posted a thread because he had some sort of sore on his head. It seemed to have grown and it looked like what some feel could be a tumour. It really stressed me out, hearing that I am supposed to cut this thing off, with out having any experience out side of bruised potatoes. I even looked into a vet that would be able to do it. One response I got was that it would be cheaper to get a new fish rather than do surgery. Obviously that’s not the point.

After upping my water changes and dosing with salt, i am pleased to announce. it seems to have stopped growing and possibly is starting to shrink
Good to hear, perhaps the tumor is actually caused by some irritation such as a fungus?

Reactions: Matteus

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Ok so time for an update. The sore on his head was starting to look infected again, so I ended up taking some advice from a local breeder friend. I treated the spot with betadine. He was calm when I pulled him out of the water, calm when I treated the spot, but when I tried to release him from the net he freaked. Anything whithin about 10’ of my tank got soaked, including our router and knocked out our internet for a time. It took a few treatments so it was pretty stressful for both of us. I was really questioning if I did the right thing or not, heart racing and just sick to my stomach. He was sulking in the corner after each treatment but I tried to cheer him up with different treats. The past few nights he seems to go hide in his little corner and not move, as if he figures he doesn’t move I don’t see him. I think he feels like I am going to keep treating this wound. He is usually active and swims around playfully during the day.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
AEBFAA2E-451A-460C-ACA5-0979229E1A8D.jpeg
One night while he was hiding “out of sight” I was able to get a good measurement of him. Hard to see from the angle of the pic, but he is 15” now if including Caudial penduncle. But only 13 if going by base of tail

C07E0E95-93F4-470D-89BB-76EAD9B73067.jpeg
This is what the wound now looks like after the treatment. A friend told me that it is hith that has developed from the original sore and I should treat with metro. Does anyone here have any thoughts or experience with this?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store