Member and Brother recovering from Stroke

TxVet2011

Feeder Fish
Aug 16, 2015
Please keep ShadowP in your prayers.

I would like to bring to your attention that my brother , known as ShadowP on this forum, and an avid enthusiast of Electric Blue Jack Dempseys had suffered a massive stroke on Aug 20 2015.

At the time of this message, he is in recovery therapy since the stroke affected the use of his left left side, specifically his left arm and leg. Currently he is making remarkable progress relearning how to walk and has regained limited mobility of his left arm and hand.

He asked that I post this information on his behalf to bring you all current on his absence, specifically from the EBJD discussions, and the Limerick Lounge among others..

He also wanted to let you know that his EBJD are doing well, all things considered, and wants your opinion on one of his juveniles which at the time of this shot is approximately 17 weeks old and ~2.5-3 inches in length (if my memory serves me right).

Please excuse the quality of the image as it was taken with his cell phone.

EBJD.jpg

Main questions he wants answered:

"How much are fry / juveniles of of this quality be worth?"
"How much would you pay?"

One quote he was given was $25 at 1 inch if he could prove the traits genetic and if he could "hit" these colors every time.

Also, please excuse the condition of the plants, since my brother is single and lives alone the tank was left unattended for a few days until we learned of his stroke.

Again, please pray fro a speedy recovery. Thank you!

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
My prayers are with your brother and your family. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope to see him back here very soon.

C'mon Sid get better and get back!

Reactions: ShadowP

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Wow I almost bumped the limerick thread a few days ago to ask where he was. Thanks for the heads up

I hope for a swift and speedy recovery

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
Aw man!! I had been wondering about his absence also. I hope you have a speedy recovery Sid, I'll pray for you and your family. Your JD looks great! Come back soon.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I'm happy to see his fish are well taken care, wish shadowp a speedy recovery from us. That said, I know nothing about jds but that one looks nice

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
Good luck with a speedy recovery. I have been thru it with other family members....With all the advances in stroke recovery, odds of improvement are better than ever and most importantly, never stop fighting

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
Please tell shadow that pops and his wife sending him our best wishes and are looking forward to reading him soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store