Most aggressive?

Isaac'sTank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2016
I'm looking for a fish with attitude and I'm thinking of setting up a green terror tank but I am still looking around. I was wondering if anyone has a different fish that is more prone to be aggressive but can still stay happy in a 75g or a 55 breeder.

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
From my experience mbuna, and peacocks aggressiveness. Is based upon them having good habitat, and an eternal supply of algae to graze on.

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
Once in a while we'd get a serial killer bumble bee hybrid dropped off at the store. Generally the uglier they are the more likely they will ensure no other fish can survive in your tank.
I know they're Madagascan but I think Polleni's have a lot of attitude you could probably fit one in there.

Reactions: markstrimaran

markstrimaran

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2015
iowa
I almost forgot about my crazy fish, OB orange hybrid. He would attack the kitty cat through the glass.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Aggressive cichlids usually kill all tank mates, and when the tank mates are gone, they hide.
And in a tank as small as a 75 gal, or even smaller, a 55, your choices get limited.
And if what you mean by aggressive is predatory, these cichlids are usually lurk and strike predotor, which means once they capture food they take it to a place to hide to digest it.
My Lepidiolamplrologus elongates was quite the killer, took him about a second, and then he'd loll around in one spot until time to eat again.

A 75 might be OK for him temporarily, or one of his smaller cousins like, Lepidiolamprologus kendali, but I must admit, he was not the life of the party

Last edited:

smokeythebair

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
PA
Not sure your tank size but Dovi,buttikoferi, and red devil in my experience were the meanest

magnificent

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
Just a reminder that the identical species of fish can display different level of aggression. Therefore, you can not generalized aggression base on species.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store