Moving a Glass 125?

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Just like this. Just run the strap around the tank, stand and dollies. That way it all stays together. View attachment 1250356
I would not recommend moving the tank and stand at the same time. Do one and then the other. The stand is probably quite light and if you put the tank on top they will be extremely top heavy.

I would say minimum of two guys is required, but 3-4 will be much better.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Luckily the cl guy agreed to help us get it in the truck. Then I will get the fiances friends to lift it in here.

The stand looks fairly simple. I will probably just put the tank itself on the dollies. :D

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
I'll make sure I get some pics. After I finish making/devouring my stir fry its time to get more buckets and moving crap at home depot. Then plant removal and a big water change haha. Plecos got cucumber earlier this week and it ain't pretty. XD

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Well it's now1:30 am. I will post pics in the morning since my phone is freaking out and I'm too tired to deal with that haha.

Anyway-----
-10 gallon was set up fairly quick with the extra filter from my 20. I put the 4 baby convicts I could catch in there. (rescued some baby salvinis that I thought were eaten, doesn't look like many will make it (got them out after I started draining the tank and put those in a net) and a few were murderlated by the convicts... hahah wasn't expecting that. Gruesome but one salvini fry's face was almost swallowed whole. The convicts are about 2 months or so old, good because I can get them on bloodworms and flakes/salvinis now, they subsisted off algae in the 29 before. WTF)
-Uv got taken off. I will clean that in the morning, that's one of the first things going on the 125. Praying for no ich.
-Plants were ripped out and placed in the 29, 20, and in the big trash can. The guppies really liked a diatom filled plant. They will get a MASSIVE pruning and I will put some low ligt ones in the 20. The co2 will be slapped on the 29 probably. Not sure what I'm gunna do. I may sell the 29. Or the 20. Decisions.
-Big pleco got moved to the 29. I hope he will eat some of the algae in there so I don't have to scrape it, needs to look good when fiance's friends get here. Stumpy was moved in there last week, he and the convicts do not like him, luckily he has hidden himself pretty well in the plants and stumpy is divided. He was MAD. Haven't seen stumpy do that in a while.
-We unplugged the rest of the equipment and filled the big trash can. It holds! I was really nervous so I only filled maybe 35 of the 55 gallons.
-Slapped the canister on the trash, works pretty well, definitely using that again. Maybe I'll buy a small one for breeding guppies over the summer outdoors?
-Pulled most of the big rocks out and put them in the trash can or a bucket. Lava rocks will hopefully stay alive.
-We siphoned most of the poop and put the fish in the trash.... THEY BELONG THERE. LITTLE TURDS. Male salvini had a full blown freakout and was hence the last to come out. I believe he was traumatized at one point in the past. Dude is deathly afraid of anything that even looks like a net. He was freaked when I moved my table earlier too, guess he saw it change and was shocked haha.
-I then took the media from my hob's and put them in a 5g bucket with most of the pothos. I added like a 10 year old nosy as hell air pump. HAHAH NO SLEEP. Loud but works. Hope most of that bb won't die. Expectng a mini cycle.
-Currently digging in the sand for all the river rocks I had when I set the tank up. Big fat dumb convict, destroyer of all decorations, destroyed all my aquascape so I gave up. They are going in my bucket with the lava rocks. There was a small chunk of coral the previous owner gave me... I wonder if I will dig it out?

I'm still diggin for treshures! Wow I forgot how many awesome river rocks I had buried. I think I will do only one area of sand in the 125, does anyone know where I can get river rocks in bulk for cheap? I mean I can hike for them but I think I would die after lugging 100lbs of them...

I can't believe how long that tank stood up with the seal being like that too. I will inspect the whole thing tomorrow to get pics. I will sell or trade the tank on here! If anyone wants it. If you want the stand... it will cost ye... heheheh.

After I sift and rinse the sand I'm gunna take a shower n a quick nap and then I gotta get the tank's sand completely removed into at least one 5 gallon bucket and then move the tank to the middle of the room before the fiance leaves for work at 7am. I will probably also head to the dollar store for more black poster board that I can use as a background and will get some coffee to chug. I will probably change some trash can water and water on the other tanks since I was supposed to do that tonight but yeah....I am probably picking up the tank around 3pm.

CAFFIEEEENNNENEENENENNENE. Also now it's 2. Oh joy. I drank almost a whole 2l bottle of soda. Also I'm hungry... maybe a trip to taco bell is in order...
:confused:

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
Good luck with the move, seems like a great deal.

Yulli

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2016
Not sure if you moved it or not i moved a 125 a few weeks ago, got it off of craigslist haha. I ran one strap length wise around it lightly tightened to keep it against the side then put the stand on other side length wise tightened it till i was afraid it would break, then put Styrofoam in the middle to keep them separated a bit, and against the cab incase they slide forward.

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe that there's even a Taco Bell in San Diego..........blasphemy!
I coulda gone to vallarta express, usually pretty good. Those fries with the carne asada dear god.

Anyway I got about 75% done with cleaning the sand until I passed out at like 3:30 or 4 haha. Dear god pleco sharts that were hidden. It was so bad. Just woke up now, slept through my alarm at 5. Lol. I guess I needed sleep. Week has been hectic and I still have to deal with this and prep food for tomorrow's and tonights dinner. Gunna be lazy today though and just slap a chicken in right now.

We got plywood, a blankie, and a big dolly with built in straps so I hope that will work.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store