youtu.be
As always, it's an awesome tank.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Agree with the comments. Lovely set up. The roots make it look homey and natural. Love the thin roots too. Are these thin ones alive?

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
Agree with the comments. Lovely set up. The roots make it look homey and natural. Love the thin roots too. Are these thin ones alive?
Thanks. No, cut from a larger roots that hang from a cliff/trees that've been washed by the water. The roots actually transfer water from the fibrous roots the point of the cut. The cut dripped of water. So, it's not alive but it isn't dry. It will stay for a long time, sanctuary for smaller fish & shrimp.

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
Thinking of selling all of my fishes, half of them already sold. Too much fish, don't have enough time to managed. The piraiba stayed though, wanna focus on this species alone (hopefully lol). Everything go including my non catfish species.

Catfish species at hand:
Brachyplatystoma filamentosum
Clarias batrachus
Mystus singaringan
Oxydoras niger
Pangasianodon gigas
Phalacronotus bleekeri
Platydoras armatulus
Psedoplatystoma fasciatum
Pteradoras granulosus
RTCxTSN hybrid
RTCxNiger hybrid
Sperata acicularis
Wallagonia leerii

IMG_20181016_003844.jpg

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
That tank looks like it belongs in an amazonian themed coffee shop with a comfy couch sitting parallel to it. Mmm, just sitting down with a good cup of coffee and watching it sounds like a good day to me.

Reactions: GiantFishKeeper101

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
That tank looks like it belongs in an amazonian themed coffee shop with a comfy couch sitting parallel to it. Mmm, just sitting down with a good cup of coffee and watching it sounds like a good day to me.
Thanks. Yeah, I could sit for hours watching this. But after the lights are off, that's when things become more interesting. Predator prey mode activated, they chased the feeders & ambush between roots. There's just enough light for u to see the fish but dark enough for them to hunt.

That tank is 720g not 480g if it’s 8’x4’x3’ ...
Yes, I made a wrong calculation. Can't edit the thread after 10 minutes or so after post.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store