My First Endlicheri

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I think one of the larger cactus plecos like the L025, L282 and L275. You could get one of the several royals but you would need to start big like 12" since they are slow growers. Maybe an L095

Reactions: AG458

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Just be careful with the pleco, endli will grow fast and once the pleco gets a taste of the slime coat it might keep on sucking into the endli.

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Just be careful with the pleco, endli will grow fast and once the pleco gets a taste of the slime coat it might keep on sucking into the endli.
This is why I gave my big common sailfin pleco to my brother when I first got my first Senegal bichirs. Not worth the risk. I am looking into cats now instead of pleco's. featherfin, raphael catfish or a long nose whiptail.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

AG458

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2017
This is why I gave my big common sailfin pleco to my brother when I first got my first Senegal bichirs. Not worth the risk. I am looking into cats now instead of pleco's. featherfin, raphael catfish or a long nose whiptail.
Is it even worth keeping the pleco I have, with the possibility of my endli being sucked on? Are the white spots the pleco causes permanent? I really like the look of the royal pleco, and would gladly buy that one to replace my current pleco. I'd also look into catfish, if they get big enough in the end.

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Is it even worth keeping the pleco I have, with the possibility of my endli being sucked on? Are the white spots the pleco causes permanent? I really like the look of the royal pleco, and would gladly buy that one to replace my current pleco. I'd also look into catfish, if they get big enough in the end.
Whitespot is a fish disease caused from the pleco sucking on the bichir. If left untreated it will be fatal for the bichir. Its up to you what you want to do but I just thought I would mention my experience as I keep 3 senegals, 3 ornates and 2 endli removing the pleco was a good and safe choice for me as bichirs in Australia cost hundreds each. Not worth the risk to me. Also the Catfish do get big the ones I mentioned but I am no catfish expert. I am sure of the other guys can chime in with catfish advice/experience.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
my experience with pleco and endi

first was a 12" common pleco and 10" endi
2nd is a 5" common pleco and same 10" endi

1st one, does not suck on endi slime coat but on rays instead
2nd one, sucks on endi slime coat, rays not around anymore

both of them stop sucking on slime coat once i start knocking on tank (several times a day) whenever i see the pleco suck slimecoat in front of me and i knock till he swims away.
He seems to get the hint

now no more sucking on endi slimecoat, how i know, no more white patches on the endi.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
A catfish that I think would be perfect for your endi is a zebra shovelnose catfish it is by far my favorite and gets big enough to not get ate and small enough not to eat the endi

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Any pleco can or could do it, the ones most common to doing it are the omnivorous or carnivorous ones.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiY-Om_-tjVAhUp4oMKHVndBpcQjhwIBQ&url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/58406126395852234/&psig=AFQjCNHpIO7fNbKruzxm-7IeOlj07IcrrA&ust=1502876790250631
There is a better one out there but this gives you a basic idea. Most plecos don't have a lot to worry about from our polys so you are probably fine with the one you've got. Unless it starts attacking the polys. I wouldn't throw a tiny little pleco in with a large poly though. If the poly cant get it in its mouth you're fine. My bristle nose chases polys away from it area all the time. Fish just seem to know or learn quick not to mess with them.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
A catfish that I think would be perfect for your endi is a zebra shovelnose catfish it is by far my favorite and gets big enough to not get ate and small enough not to eat the endi
Do you mean a Tigrinus? Don't they need like a 3 foot tank and current? I feel like I researched them once because I think they're gorgeous... but I might be getting the wrong fish mixed up with the one you mention.

AG458 AG458 - what size tank do you have?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store