My Fish Crew

stillsirpaul

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2021
New Jersey
Thanks for your candid opinion, very helpful. Not to hijack your thread, but, seeing your photo, did you make any effort at a warranty claim on it or didn't bother?

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
Thanks for your candid opinion, very helpful. Not to hijack your thread, but, seeing your photo, did you make any effort at a warranty claim on it or didn't bother?

No problem. I didn't make any effort at a warranty claim, the whole setup was pretty cheap and like I said, I've always planned on replacing the stand fairly quickly. If you go through with purchasing the setup from Petsmart, make sure to look at the tank and stand in person first. The one at my store that I was going to buy was in absolutely terrible shape, so I actually had them order me a new one and I told them to leave both the tank and stand in the box, I didn't wanna risk it getting dirty/damaged by them.

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
And moving the 125 to the new stand is done! Not without a huge hiccup however. It turned out that the stand we had built was not even at all 4 corners. One corner was about 1/8 too low and another was 1/16. I made an emergency post to MFK and got some really good advice and was able to fix the problem for the most part. But because of having to run to the hardware store and install a few more parts on the stand, my fish sat in aerated coolers for 5 hours, which is definitely starting to push it. But in the end everyone survived and looks all good now, so no worries.

36B17CC3-2D76-4BD3-AAAA-5D6F70B0A4B5.jpeg

Here is the tank and new stand. Built out of 2x4 and 2x6.

09A8401D-512C-47C4-9A3D-4D686E88DC5D.jpeg

Bonus pick of my most colorful red head tapajos.

While moving fish I was able to get a few measurements:

Tyke the Green Severum: 8.5 inches
Red the Red Severum: 7.5 inches
Sam the Green Severum: 7.5 inches
Rainbow Shark: 6.5 inches (and fat as hell)
Electric Blue Acara: 5 inches
Red Head Tapajos are all around 4.5, biggest may be pushing 5 inches and smallest is around 4.

Cich Mind

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2021
Michigan
Hello cmsbthebest cmsbthebest ,
Nice build on the stand, looks really good and sturdy. I really like your tank setup and you have chosen some very nice fish species for your collection. The fish look great too. Nice!

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
My sev will destroy any plants. Maybe yours won’t?

cmsbthebest

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2011
CA
My sev will destroy any plants. Maybe yours won’t?
Mine have destroyed every single plant I've ever put in the tank. But I've never tried Java Fern and I have a ton of small ones from my big bunch in my 75. Figured I'd throw it in the 125 and see what happens lol

Reactions: Deadeye
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store