My green house for fish

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
The rays tank still is without heaters :D. The water temperature is around 21 °C/70ºF.

Despite the cold is handling well.

Lots of plants. :D

My male

The female

After removing some plants

As I said I haven't putted heaters yet. Let's see if the sun returns this week. If not, i'll put the heaters next week.

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
A friend offered me this pump

and tubes

to do some tests.

It's a washing machine pump. For my case it was the ideal pump because I don't need it to be always working.

I already tested in the rays pond, but it's not strong enough to put the water up :irked:

But it's good to do other things

It's good to refill the ponds with the raining water :)

Perhaps it's a good idea to other people that read this thread. This pumps don't consume much electricity and have some power. They are cheap but they can't work for a long time. They must stop for a while.

AFRO-thunder

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2008
Austria
www.unet.univie.ac.at
Hey,

This greenhouse project is really nice. In Austria where I live you can't do that without putting extra much money into it because it's too cold during the winter.

I saw pictures of your Phrynops hilarii. These are amazing turtles, I also keep them. It seems like yours are a little small to breed yet, but with your circumstances they will start doing it soon :)

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
man.. I am so envious :(

severum1

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2007
Portugal
AFRO-thunder;2486352; said:
Hey,

This greenhouse project is really nice. In Austria where I live you can't do that without putting extra much money into it because it's too cold during the winter.

I saw pictures of your Phrynops hilarii. These are amazing turtles, I also keep them. It seems like yours are a little small to breed yet, but with your circumstances they will start doing it soon :)
Thank you.

Yes in Austria it’s more complicated. The weather is colder than here and not so much sun :(. I believe that in Europe, in the south of Spain, Italy and Greece it could be done to.

Regarding the turtles I have some ideas for making a new habitat, but I need time and €€€€. Perhaps next year I’m going to do it ;)

Romania4eva

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
i was thinking what if you put guppies or some live berears (sorry for the wrong spelling) in the ray tank and just let them breed. they can fit in the holes and would breed quickly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store