My Rays Tank

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
With that stock I wouldn't be playing any games, get that figured out!

honorer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2013
jakarta, indonesia
Good to see everybody active and healthy looking! I worry for you, that is a really nice collection and would hate to see you lose any. I'm thinking your bio got disturbed and caused the issue. A few big waterchanges over the next couple weeks should get things under control. Keep us updated.
im so worry about rays too, because this is the 3rd time im keeping rays,
rays is so delicate, once they refused to eat and not moving, almost certainly ending death.

now bio filtration is crash, green alga start blooming. tonight will doing a wc again.

With that stock I wouldn't be playing any games, get that figured out!
just found out nylon mesh from reverse osmosis store here.
im 100% sure with this type of mesh, because usually this mesh is used on drinking water filtration.

millerkid519

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2015
stratford ontario canada
Your best bet is to stop playing g with your filter right now go back to what you had previous and leave it until your tank is stable. Ray tanks are not something to use for trial and error. I wonder is the mesh wasn't cleaned good enough.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
This is interesting but I'm thick and don't understand it!!
What is it telling us? Don't use stainless steel in ray tanks??
I wanted to screw together some pieces of bog wood and was going to use long stainless steel screws but now I am worried about doing this.
You have to be careful of what grade stainless you use. Stick to food grade stainless steel like 304. Most of your food grade will be non-magnetic...but thats not a sure test, call the manufacturer if the box isn't labled.

Reactions: millerkid519

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
You have to be careful of what grade stainless you use. Stick to food grade stainless steel like 304. Most of your food grade will be non-magnetic...but thats not a sure test, call the manufacturer if the box isn't labled.
I want to use screws as in wood screws mate, I'm not in need of using any kind of mesh

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I want to use screws as in wood screws mate, I'm not in need of using any kind of mesh
Yes, I understand this. I'd still use food grade stainless steel. Not all stainless is created equal. Some of the metals used to create the alloy are not safe. I avoid having any metal in my tanks just to be safe, but if I were to use screws, I'd be sure to use food grade or medical grade stainless steel for sure.

Reactions: jim barry
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store