My saltwater journey

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
I have a custom 10 gallon unused seriously thinking about creating a Nano Reef out of it.
DO IT.

I'm thinking to get a Fluval Edge and setup for a couple fire shrimps and a pair of clown fish (captive selective breed clown fish), LOL But the big aggressive monster fish feeling holding me back :p
Do itttt. I've been working on setting up a 24 gallon for the past month or so, house problems keeps stopping me from finishing setting it up.
Check this out.

0:36

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
If I want a reef tank, small or big I must invest the money into a good chiller.
As my FOWLR tank temp sitting at 87F, while my fish are ok and don't mind the high temp since they got used and adapted to that temp in summer but I don't think any kind of coral would survive at that 87F temp :)

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
If I want a reef tank, small or big I must invest the money into a good chiller.
As my FOWLR tank temp sitting at 87F, while my fish are ok and don't mind the high temp since they got used and adapted to that temp in summer but I don't think any kind of coral would survive at that 87F temp :)
You'd be surprised, but yes it's not optimal.

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Here is my FOWLR temp right now...close to 89F hahaha
Temp.jpg
See now you can see why I'm not doing a reef tank without a chiller :)

Reactions: twentyleagues

jwd

Aimara
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2016
Lol Yeah, you'd need one. I might end up having to get one. I can't get it below 81F

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Yesterday, I placed my miniatus grouper together with my clown trigger tank. I grow them out in different tank cause the grouper grow much faster then the trigger and might eat them when they are small, after 8 months the trigger around 4 inches and very thick body mass and the grouper is 6 inches now. The trigger show some aggression but soon forgot about the grouper and they ignored each other 30 minutes later LOL. They was sleep in same cave and enjoyed their meal together, I hope they will live peacefully in long term :)

Reactions: jwd

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Yesterday, I placed my miniatus grouper together with my clown trigger tank. I grow them out in different tank cause the grouper grow much faster then the trigger and might eat them when they are small, after 8 months the trigger around 4 inches and very thick body mass and the grouper is 6 inches now. The trigger show some aggression but soon forgot about the grouper and they ignored each other 30 minutes later LOL. They was sleep in same cave and enjoyed their meal together, I hope they will live peacefully in long term :)
Well, I guess my hope got shattered.
I came home with a dead Miniatus, "Peace is a lies...." :(
Miniatus.jpg
I knew my Clown Trigger is a killer but not that FAST.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store