Necrocanis' video fish journal past, present, and future.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Hi everyone. Hope everyone is doing great. Slowly but surely I've been gettin back into the fish game. Since my divorce it has been tough going. I'd like everyone to know that I do now have several fish, and two fish tanks. One is a 100 gal(actual volume is around 80 gal) and a 30 gal hex. I do plan on another tank build sometime within the next year I hope. It will not be to the size of my past endevore of 4000 gals. So anyways here is a few videos that will be considered a blast from the past. Lets start with a few crappy videos of me feeding my old 300 gal tropical pond. This pond housed, rtc, rtc x tsn, rtc x marble catfish, albino channel catfish, tsn, ect. Not all at once, but it did house these species at one point or another.

[YT]kPxbzChrUeQ[/YT]

[YT]4l77JmNrIcI[/YT]

[YT]ZAYpyRfyWnI[/YT]

please forgive the video quality. These videos were taken nearly 3 years ago with a crappy cell phone. lol Better videos to come.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
These are some more videos of the 300 gal pond I use to have as well as the Big Boy hybrid aka "Mo" that I use to own. These fish are all dead and I am currently preparing the skeletons of most of them.

[YT]A7x46Tpy7Nw[/YT]

This is a video of my former RTC x Marble catfish hybrid.

[YT]1VcPC-uWlcM[/YT]

This is a video of my RTC x TSN hybrid

[YT]DtSNSxUqRyo[/YT]

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
These are videos of when my TSN died. I had found him on the floor of my garage and he lived about another week in my pond before dying. He was about 19-22", and obviously had bladder issues after jumping out of the tank.

[YT]K2Br0P2ZC8Q[/YT]

[YT]R8Plw2-08C8[/YT]

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
This is a video of the second Jau catfish that I owned. This is a highly aggressive species of catfish that can grow to over 6' in length and is best kept alone or with fish of similar or larger size in a massive aquarium.

[YT]5DabKNeNO_I[/YT]

This is a video of the same jau when it was smaller being fed shrimp. Crappy video quality, but I still want to make sure that I am documenting what I have done in the past so that I might move forward in my fishkeeping endevors in the future.

[YT]GPiMIKqgs4U[/YT]

This is another video of my old RTC x TSN. He was very friendly and recognized me when I would enter my garage. I owned him for a little over 4 years. He could be petted with ease and was always handfed.

[YT]GUgZKPOB2n4[/YT]

Here is the last video I have of my much missed RTC x TSN hybrid. I will forever miss you my friend, but your skeleton will be used for research so you will live on to help catfish in the wild from beyond the grave my friend! :headbang2

[YT]QW4Vr6i5W1U[/YT]

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
This next set of videos is very painfull for me to remember. I spent the better part of a year building a 4000 gal aquarium. I should add that nearly 100% of all work that was done to this tank was done by myself. I was in the design stage of this project for nearly 3 months before I began to work on it. I spent nearly $3000 on supplies up to the point of my divorce when it came to a halt. Everyone here on MFK was more supportive than I could have ever imagined. Money for this project was donated by members here on MFK. I still vow to someday build a large aquarium and burn the names of those who donated on the origional build on the side of it. That was what they donated for and to see an amazing aquarium full of large catfish to be shared with the world. Because of the greed of others in my life at the time my dream and the shared dream of many on here came to an end. As for the tank itself it's final resting place is in a paintball field in Great Falls, Montana. After my divorce I could not take it with me and it was chopped into sections and relocated to the paintball field for use as bunkers. :irked: Here are the crappy videos that will forever remind me of one of the best year in fishkeeping that I ever had. Someday I will build a tank even more grand than this one.

[YT]CQyh9sosQ_U[/YT]

[YT]G0rO-xVv6Ac[/YT]

[YT]-j-KRQUr9cY[/YT]

I can tell that many people share in my dream of a monster aquarium as these 3 videos alone have recieved over 160,000 views in the last 2.5 years. Thank you to all of my supporters. Hopefully within the next few years I will be in a spot where I can build bigger and better than this.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
I am currently uploading some videos to youtube that I took today of the very few fish that I have in my apt right now. I am doing it right this time. I'm starting out small and just a few fish, and must wait til I can get into a better spot before I can do more that just a few hundred gallons worth of tanks. I do plan on building a nearly 400 gal tank to go in my apt soon. I live in the basement apt with a concrete floor so no worries there. The main problem I have is that I must build it somewhere else due to not wanting to disturb the other residents. I also plan on upgrading the stand that my 100 gal aquarium. I hope that everyone will enjoy the fish that I have kept in the past and will also enjoy the fish that I am keeping currently and the ones that I will keep in the future!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
here is a video of some of my current fish. Lucky the channel catfish and two sun catfish. Enjoy!

[YT]glyJ9ADLdSk[/YT]

chefjamesscott

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2008
regina saskatchewan canada
thats a big project

thanks for posting up the vids

wayne the pain

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2005
Manchester, UK
Nice to see your back in the game :)

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Good to see you back and a moderator too? Snazzy.
I always have a lot of catfish questions. Hopefully we will see you around the bottom dwellers area more. Your catfish knowledge is very welcome. Your video skills.............
Anyway it's great to see you posting again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store