Necrocanis' video fish journal past, present, and future.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
great seeing you back, you may not remember me but I really felt for you when you said what happened.. a big welcome and I hope to see another great build from you when you find the right time to do so.. just loved it when I saw the "tour of the tank-vid" for the first time and you put your hand through the wall for the filtration.. anyways.. just wanted to say welcome back..
Thank you so much for the kind words and support. That was kind of a great moment for me also. I remembered cutting those 5" holes and thinking now I just need to seal it, put in the windows, build the filter and add fish and water lol. I was so very excited everytime I went to my garage I would get lost for at least a couple hours working on the tank or feeding and petting my fish. I miss it soo much! One of the biggest heartaches of my life. It has taken me a long time to try and even think about stepping back into the monster catfish game again. I'm putting things into place to ensure that within the next few years I will be able to house some of the monster I know and love!

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
here's the best pic I could get and I had to take it underwater lol. Hex tanks suck for taking pics. :nilly:
Hey, your more experienced than I am. I bet it was exciting to double check just incase, huh? LOL, I love that feeling even when it turns out to be the more common fish. Great pic BTW, now you need to fatten him up :)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Nice to see your back in the game :)
Good to see you back and a moderator too? Snazzy.
I always have a lot of catfish questions. Hopefully we will see you around the bottom dwellers area more. Your catfish knowledge is very welcome. Your video skills.............
Anyway it's great to see you posting again!
Hey, your more experienced than I am. I bet it was exciting to double check just incase, huh? LOL, I love that feeling even when it turns out to be the more common fish. Great pic BTW, now you need to fatten him up :)

He eats til he's gonna pop every night. Somethings off with his shape just like the rest of stunted fish. He's got a belly it just hangs down and he's not wide like most. It's wierd but I think his lateral plates are deformed and push his gut down.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Tried something a little different today. Put the camera in the water while I attempted to feed the 100 gal. Very unsucessful attempt at getting them to eat with a camera in the tank, but I'm not giving up that easily. I'm going to do this probably everyday. I'll only post the vids if they are interesting. This vid is mainly just not good, but the fish do swim up at one point to check out the cam. Enjoy. Hopefully they'll get use to it one day soon lol.

[YT]AagqX1gHeOU[/YT]

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Here's the last one of the day. It's fish, art, and science related. This is a video of a plaster sculpture that is a recreation of the neurocranium of Phractocephalus nassi. The skull measures nearly 9" in length and you also get a peak at the neurocranium of big boy my old RTC x TSN hybrid. I've started this sculpture in conjunction with help from Dr. John Lundberg. He's a busy guy, but very, very helpful in getting this and some other projects off the ground.

[YT]-30rBpksLmw[/YT]

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Vid is private????
Not sure I follow? Which vid is private. I'm going searching now lol. They're all getting views so let me double check!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
ok lol. I don't know how that vid got to be private but try it again I set it to public again.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
[YT]EonWF-p2Zyw[/YT]

Just a cool vid of the fish hanging out in the open! They are doing this more and more often now. Will attempt another feeding vid soon.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store