Need hello ASAP plz!

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
How long had the tank been set up before putting the FH in? Did you cycle the tank?
This tank has been set up for a while now. Over 2 years at least! Only did one move in its entire life operation. The tank has been cycled. We are thinking it was the meds that caused all the bad water peramaters.

Reactions: Empyreal

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
You can add until both ammonia and nitrite levels get to 0ppm.
Okay cool. I turned the light off and he's trying to swim around but failing. He's like floating around and it doesn't look like he's using his back fin. Looks like he's only using his two side fins. Literally looks like he's drunk swimming and going around in circles or flipping. Think it's the air bladder?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Okay cool. I turned the light off and he's trying to swim around but failing. He's like floating around and it doesn't look like he's using his back fin. Looks like he's only using his two side fins. Literally looks like he's drunk swimming and going around in circles or flipping. Think it's the air bladder?

Tbh don't know but I hope he gets back to normal.

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
This flowerhorn has never liked light. I don't get it lol at the lfs, he was full of life when I first got him a lot smaller. Now he just hates light. I turned the light on in my room and he automatically swims back into his little corner lol I don't get it.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
This flowerhorn has never liked light. I don't get it lol at the lfs, he was full of life when I first got him a lot smaller. Now he just hates light. I turned the light on in my room and he automatically swims back into his little corner lol I don't get it.
lol

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
I would skip doing smaller water changes and do a singe large one like 75-90% basically as much water as you can change out.

Like other have said, skip feeding and stop treating with meds. Focus on daily BIG water changes. this problem didn't just show up, its been a water quality issue for probably a while and the only way to fix it is to keep doing big water changes to get all levels zero'd out or close to it. you should eventually get your cycle back to a healthy order.

I might drop the temp a few degrees to 80-81 as it easier to breath.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store