Need help identifying rays!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayray414

Feeder Fish
Nov 20, 2020
Hey guys, need some help identifying these rays! Im new to keeping rays and want to be sure these are pure black diamonds and not just hybrids. I’m purchasing them as pure mid grade bds. I know it can be hard to tell, but any insight would be greatly appreciated ?46F0EDAD-19BB-40F7-8E9C-3ECA62C18597.jpeg5B500CF0-C0CF-4A0A-B235-F99B7CAD3623.jpeg

Deadeye

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
No ray experience here, but from what I’ve seen they look pure.

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
If species purity is what you want guaranteed and if you are questioning the purity of the animals I would avoid purchasing them and look for a better more reputable source. Unless they can prove to you without a doubt they are in fact bred from wild caught parents collected solely in Sao Felix, then they are not pure BD. Simple as that. Many ray flippers claim pure BD simply because that's what they are buying them as and also so they can charge more ultimately. If it looks too good to be true, it usually always is...

Orthopod

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
Seattle
If species purity is what you want guaranteed and if you are questioning the purity of the animals I would avoid purchasing them and look for a better more reputable source. Unless they can prove to you without a doubt they are in fact bred from wild caught parents collected solely in Sao Felix, then they are not pure BD. Simple as that. Many ray flippers claim pure BD simply because that's what they are buying them as and also so they can charge more ultimately. If it looks too good to be true, it usually always is...
Hey guys, need some help identifying these rays! Im new to keeping rays and want to be sure these are pure black diamonds and not just hybrids. I’m purchasing them as pure mid grade bds. I know it can be hard to tell, but any insight would be greatly appreciated ?View attachment 1440267View attachment 1440268
I know where these rays came from by the pictures and know they came from one of the more reputable sources so I’m happy to vouch for them as pure.

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
I know where these rays came from by the pictures and know they came from one of the more reputable sources so I’m happy to vouch for them as pure.
How can you vouch for them as pure? Did you breed these yourself?

stingraystables

Jack Dempsey
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2015
Estes Park, CO
How can you vouch for them as pure? Did you breed these yourself?
Tim, Still playing the Same old games? Nothing new here! The customer is quite happy with the purchase. I know you think only the best rays can be sold by you but there are many Amazing breeders out there that you know nothing about! For once, keep your opinions to yourself. For wanting to “keep things positive,” you sure take every opportunity to tear down other sellers. This is the same guy that banded me from a Facebook group for his own benefit. Another classy move Tim!!

Reactions: Preacher

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012
Tim, Still playing the Same old games? Nothing new here! The customer is quite happy with the purchase. I know you think only the best rays can be sold by you but there are many Amazing breeders out there that you know nothing about! For once, keep your opinions to yourself. For wanting to “keep things positive,” you sure take every opportunity to tear down other sellers. This is the same guy that banded me from a Facebook group for his own benefit. Another classy move Tim!!
Still manipulating the truth as always I see. Bold statements coming from you, someone who has been caught red handed many times over selling hybrid rays as pure, simply because you can't tell the difference yourself. Even to members here!!! You were banned from fb for not respecting the no selling rules, which in turn got my group deleted. Simple as that. Won't happen again, I made sure of that... Wish you the best. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store