New flowerhorn!!

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
islandguy11 islandguy11 thanks!! I like the little bit of red but the yellows and oranges are what won me over and I want to maintain as much of that as possible!! I get great color out of my salvini and he’s on NLS and Northfin Cichlid!

Reactions: ECW and islandguy11

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hello everyone, I’m new here! I just figured I’d make a post about a flowerhorn I am importing from Thailand and to get everyone’s opinion on him! He was sold to me as a “red pearl peacock king kamfa”. I’m not entirely sure of that description(mostly because there seem to be hundreds of strains and types of Flowerhorns nowadays) but I would say he looks somewhat like a golden base kamfa. If you’d like to add your two cents about what he looks like or give me a general grade 1-10 quality wise I’d be interested to hear what everyone has to say!
Here’s a pic: View attachment 1394949View attachment 1394950View attachment 1394951
Great looking fish, I have been planning to buy from that seller. If you don't mind can you please share how much you end up paying for this guy?

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Ruturaj Ruturaj honestly it would have been helpful if I knew how much it’d cost before I purchased too, it can’t put not to be too much though considering his quality. There are several different breeders in Thailand so prices may vary. I paid $101 for the fish himself. The shipping from Thailand to the transhipper in California is $25, then I believe from the transhipper to my doorstep overnight will be $75, I’ll update you if that’s correct or not

Reactions: ECW

Ruturaj

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Seattle, WA
Ruturaj Ruturaj honestly it would have been helpful if I knew how much it’d cost before I purchased too, it can’t put not to be too much though considering his quality. There are several different breeders in Thailand so prices may vary. I paid $101 for the fish himself. The shipping from Thailand to the transhipper in California is $25, then I believe from the transhipper to my doorstep overnight will be $75, I’ll update you if that’s correct or not
Thank you for the info. He's on Facebook on a group called kingkamfa as well, he charges 60 to 100 including shipping to transhipper. I think Julie, one of the transhippers, charges 55. He's a good looking fish though worth every penny.

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Ruturaj Ruturaj oh yeah definitely worth it, and yes, Julie is the transhipper. I’ve heard very highly of her!

Reactions: ECW

Jacob92677

Dovii
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2019
South Orange County CA ?? USA ??
Don’t expect the picture when your fish arrives
It’s a long trips and will take a few days or week for him to get back to Normal
So don’t panic when you first open that bag
But I’d love to see him when you get him
Julie does a good job and makes it simple and
Have your tank ready to go when he arrives

ECW

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2011
Oahu, Hi.
I like mirror training. Some people use blood parrots. I go to the crafts store and get a circular plastic cross stitch embroidery hoop then go find the circular mirrors in the other aisle. Bang out the metal screwdown part, center the two circular mirrors, and use a zip tie where the screwdown part was. Get some fishing line and a stick and hang it from the tank. I do this for abut 15-20 minutes whenever I feel like it. It definitely brings out a FH’s colors and attitude! Supposed to help him feel dominant so helps with kok size too. Try it.

tpaquarist17

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2019
USA
Jacob92677 Jacob92677 oh I’m almost sure he’ll be almost white once he arrives? I’ll make sure he’s at home and comfortable before I post some pictures! ECW ECW i may have to try that trick! I’ll definitely be getting a mirror though. I’m not so much worried about him getting a big kok or not, more or less that he gets the exercise and shows off those colors!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store