South Africa
Now to get a boy!

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
lol, thay could be a long process. I think Ive had my hairy now about 4 years to just figure out its female. Would be a costly search to find a male. But the challenge to raise baby puffers would be pretty cool.
That is pretty cool! I by complete fluke managed to score a male and female palembang before... but once i realized they started breeding and i wasnt able to raise the fry (tried 3 times), i sold the pair to an LFS that were interested in breeding them...

Shame i think they didnt like being at the LFS coz after a while i heard they passed away, although when i think about it, they probably sold them off to someone else...

Reactions: Hendre and DMD123

erythrinus

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2011
california
Odd you should mention the palembangensis, as I just posted about some I recently acquired. How many did you have and how did they interact when housed together? Are they at all dimorphic?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Love the way she perched on the wood like that.

Reactions: DMD123

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Odd you should mention the palembangensis, as I just posted about some I recently acquired. How many did you have and how did they interact when housed together? Are they at all dimorphic?
Sorry but didnt see this post before...

To answer your questions though...

I only had 2 housed together and there was very minimal interaction that i would actually see... The only time i ever really caught them interacting was when they were ready to breed...

As for the sexual dimorphism, there honestly wasnt any i could tell, although at that time i never really thought to pay much attention to body shapes etc... so would love to re-visit the idea of comparing male and female bodies to see if there are any differences...

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
'Scruffy' the hairy puffer update

On her perch. She loves to sit on top of this driftwood with a nice little hollow on top

Caught her puffing

Back to her proper psi, lol
Killer pics. She looks really good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store