New oscar tank

Shaile

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2016
Scotland
Hi looking for some advice on keeping two Oscar's with minimal aggression. I was going to get one but would like to get both lutino and normal tiger.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
If you introduce 2 males you're going to get aggression. Best bet is to get your oscars at 5" or better and vent them to get a male and female. Another option, if smaller oscars are all that are available, is to purchase several and raise them together. Once two of them pair up, keep those and remove the rest.

Reactions: tlindsey

robham777

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2013
Mobile
What size tank do you have or are you looking to purchase a new one?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
If you introduce 2 males you're going to get aggression. Best bet is to get your oscars at 5" or better and vent them to get a male and female. Another option, if smaller oscars are all that are available, is to purchase several and raise them together. Once two of them pair up, keep those and remove the rest.
which has the "V" and which has the "U" on the venting?

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
first question for me needs to be what size tank?

Reactions: Tyler_Wentworth_150

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
you can try that, for Oscars I am under the opinion that until you see one lay no telling what sex Oscar you have.

Reactions: Cody1382 and ehh

Shaile

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2016
Scotland
The tanks a 220g and got 7000l/h filtration. Really wanting to avoid having to rehome as im not a fan of adding to an ever growing population of large fish floating around the market ready for some clown to put them in a 55g or smaller tank. I have heard that getting two from the same batch sometimes helps as there is already a more dominant fish but not sure how much truth about is in it. I have never trying venting but will check if theres a breader around and see if I can purchase a male and female.

Shaile

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2016
Scotland
New tank doesn't arrive until the new year so planty of time to get tings sorted, probably about end of Feb before the ammonia is settled

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store