New to Rope Fish - help on set up

bottomdweller72

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2017
Florida
T thefredpit twentyleagues twentyleagues

that is just craziness! i must be really lucking out with my beamer girl then. she still hasn't been fazed by them at all. i got 10 more yesterday to see what would happen and the 6 just weren't enough to keep up after the super pooper bn lol the shrimp like to gather on top of the stump beamer sleeps inside of. they were all over the place this morning and when i got home from work, all 16 were on top of the stump with the piggies and beamer was just swimming around minding her own business. just fed bloodworms to everyone in the tank and when the clump dropped down, all the shrimp, piggies, and beamer went and ate like a true community together. it was a bizarre sight to see for sure lol funny as heck though, all of them just grabbing bits of worms together and chomping down. a shrimp even stole a worm from one of the piggies lol

oh and i got wind of a 40 (46) gal bow tank from a worker at my lfs that her mom is selling. i'll be buying it in 2 weeks. that should hold everyone over until i move in march. i'll be getting proper substrate in it and everything else. and yes, i'll be getting the heater for it as well ;)

are there guards for the heaters? i don't want beamer getting stuck and burned up. or something that keeps a gap between tank wall and heater? my filter has a suction cup with a spacer on it that keeps it spaced from the tank wall, she goes through there with complete ease and room.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
the funny thing in january when I got back into bichirs I bought a bunch of river prawn(sold as feeder shrimp) none were ate so they grew to big to eat and eventually grew to be big enough to be dangerous and had to be removed now they wouldn't of lasted 5 min

Reactions: bottomdweller72

bottomdweller72

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2017
Florida
No worries magpie magpie , I'm just glad to know one exists. I'll search tonight when I get home from work.

Reactions: magpie

bottomdweller72

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2017
Florida
Oh.my.gosh.!! I found a real lfs down the road from me, not just a general pet store. They do custom stands and complete installs of tanks! They work with contractors to build supports and even can put the plumbing under my home. (I'm buying a mobile home, it has to be heavily reinforced under the tank). And, they had a severum, in person, gorgeous!! They also had a couple 2.5 inch albino senegals too! First I have seen a bichir in person, I'm so in love! Lol I'm so happy I found them, my wall tank will actually be a reality :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store