Next Poly?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Endlies will try do be the dominate alpha in the tank for sure, no matter what size they are especially WC ones, but you might get lucky with a mild one.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Endlies will try do be the dominate alpha in the tank for sure, no matter what size they are especially WC ones, but you might get lucky with a mild one.
Hopefully I will. I've already had good luck with the Flowerhorn, Mota and Ornate. I guess I just have good luck with choosing my fish.

The Synspilum and Hoplarchus are also very mellowed out, and my Guttulatus has about the same temperament as a Firemouth, occasional gill flaring, but nothing more. From what I've read I've had pretty good luck as Viejas can be hit or miss. With my luck I should get a good one.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Hopefully I will. I've already had good luck with the Flowerhorn, Mota and Ornate. I guess I just have good luck with choosing my fish.

The Synspilum and Hoplarchus are also very mellowed out, and my Guttulatus has about the same temperament as a Firemouth, occasional gill flaring, but nothing more. From what I've read I've had pretty good luck as Viejas can be hit or miss. With my luck I should get a good one.
You got some time bomb in your tank,:D

The thing is, your not picking the fish, toyin will :D

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
[
I'm sure if I pester him enough he'll give me a good one.
he will give you a good fish for sure, but fish attitude can change when they know no one will put them i checked.

Trust me first time i had some of my endli they were angels, once they got some size they change from being nice to nipping and grabbing and shredding fins, until one dominated which is my tinkisso endli queen cause she is the biggest in the tank, but time to time she will snap at everyone including the faranah endli that puts her in check, and once she snap it dont matter what poly you are, get in her way and you get bit and she will hold.

Reactions: magpie

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I hate to say it this way, but I think you're asking for someone to become a snack. Endli grow fast and eat everything. Your sens are going to be on the menu He's got dels? Dels are awesome!
He has them at 8", is that still too large? If so, would a retro or ansgorii work?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I'm sure if I pester him enough he'll give me a good one.
Lol the opposite will happen. Just pick one and leave it be. I dont remember ever seeing an ugly wc endli especially from toyin
I hate to say it this way, but I think you're asking for someone to become a snack. Endli grow fast and eat everything. Your sens are going to be on the menu He's got dels? Dels are awesome!
Agreed. I kept a large dabola (whats being called tinkisso) that was16ish inches with a small sen for awhile and it worked but i was very uncomfortable with it and made surr to not miss a feeding. Eventually i moved the sen to another tank.

He has them at 8", is that still too large? If so, would a retro or ansgorii work?
Agree with Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 i like my faranah endli best out of endlis i've kept. Endlis grow fast.
Faranah endli Last summer at 8 or 9 inches.
downloadfile-53.jpg
This summer about 16ish. But its not the length lol shes as thick if not thicker as a wiffle ball bat. I think she would have been bugger if it werent for a 4 or 5 month strecth where i was only feeding them twice a week.

20170516_065458.jpg
Most of us keep the smaller upper jaws seperate from the LJ (except for the big 3)

Hao did keep smaller sens with his LJ but im pretty sure godzilla (congicus) ate them. Pollyaddict had some smaller polys end up a snacks too cant remember what they were tho.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Agree with J jaws7777 endlis grow like weeds.
Here is my smallest nigerian endli, it was 9" when i got it.

06-09-17
IMG_5662.JPG IMG_5666.JPG

06-29-17
IMG_5818.JPG IMG_5819.JPG
You can see how the grith became the difference compared to the first two pic.
And the poly beside it was a 15"-16" koloton.
That koloton is thick as my tinkisso endli.

08-23-17
IMG_6229.JPG IMG_6231.JPG IMG_6232.JPG
Here she is now after two months, she pushing 14".
First pic you can see she is beside a nigerian lap which is 15" and she is almost the same lenght.
Second pic she beside my queen tinkisso endli which is 17", you can also see her grith double from 06/29/17, so she gain double the grith and grew 5" in two months with every other day feeding.

Reactions: magpie and jaws7777

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Del will be fine with all except maybe the absolute smallest. I cant account for all of them but mine (2) are fine with all polys. I worry and separated the smaller ones until they hit 3-4 inches. But even my golddust who was really thin until recently poly piled with the dels no issues he was about 3.5 inches when he went in with them and they were 8 and 7 inches.

Reactions: Polyaddict86
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store