Nox-Ich Instruction

HamPickle

Feeder Fish
Jan 16, 2019
Good day,

My 3 bettas have Ich and I was told to use the Nox-Ich product. The instruction is clear, yes, but I have some questions:
- Do I add drops (drop / gallon) each day during the treatment?
- Do I change the water each day during the treatment? Or only at the end of the 3rd day?

Thank you for your help

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Good day,

My 3 bettas have Ich and I was told to use the Nox-Ich product. The instruction is clear, yes, but I have some questions:
- Do I add drops (drop / gallon) each day during the treatment?
- Do I change the water each day during the treatment? Or only at the end of the 3rd day?

Thank you for your help

Welcome aboard

Personally would treat with salt over Nox-Ich because it will take more time to cure the Ich. If you already started to use it I suggest doing a water change and making sure you gravel vac the substrate.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee

I have used Nox Ics, I just drip it in 1 drop per gallon until the tank reaches proper dosage.
I prefer salt, but if you have it (the Nox-Ich) why not use it, the vacuuming helps remove dormant ick cysts sitting on the bottom.
I buy salt in 50 lb bags, and always have it at the ready.
So if you remove a few gallons, replace the dosage in the new make up water, be it Nox -Ick or Salt.

I add 3 lbs of salt, per 100 gallons.

Reactions: tlindsey

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
077AD190-6D22-4664-BBE1-8DE5641E282C.jpeg The ingredients are Salt and Malachite green.
The instructions say to add 1 drop per gallon.
I would start with a water change and gravel vac if possible. Add the one drop per gallon and wait three days and then repeat.
Water change and gravel vac add 1 drop per gallon.

Reactions: tlindsey

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC

I have used Nox Ics, I just drip it in 1 drop per gallon until the tank reaches proper dosage.
I prefer salt, but if you have it (the Nox-Ich) why not use it, the vacuuming helps remove dormant ick cysts sitting on the bottom.
I buy salt in 50 lb bags, and always have it at the ready.
So if you remove a few gallons, replace the dosage in the new make up water, be it Nox -Ick or Salt.

I add 3 lbs of salt, per 100 gallons.
Will that much salt affect live plants?

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
It may. To save the plants it’s possible to move the fish and treat in another tank.
If the infected tank is left fallow without any fish the ich will die but it will take at least three weeks .
You could raise the temperature to speed it up.
If you do this and reintroduce the fish to soon they could become reinfected

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store