Official 2017/2018 NFL Discussion Thread

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Rebuilding sucks.. 2-14 would be a long shot based on the last few weeks and current injuries.

It’s nice seeing the new brass make long term personnel moves though. Jimmy Garoppolo was a great move. Hopefully they draft heavy o-line or make some FA moves. On the way to #1 pick (5 picks in first three rounds), highest in NFL cap space so we can hit FA hard for WR/CB. A young healthy offense under Shanahan is going to be a scary unit in another year or two.
I think they knew they needed to do something and do something drastic. Tanking the rest of the season just for better draft placement is not the 49er way, they want to put something positive together even if they aren't playoff bound. They owe it to the fan base at this point. They want to win some games. Do they resign JG?

K krichardson this pains me deeply to say but you guys are gonna be unstoppable....just traded a 4th round pick for ajayi
I feel like Ajayi may just be a flash in the pan. 1 good season last year, done next to nothing this year. Hopefully he can get back to his previous production in Philly. Potentially a massive acquisition, I'm just not sold on him yet. Hopefully for Krich he blows the charts up.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Russell Wilson restructures his contract to make room for probowl offensive lineman. Helping to address the only real deficiency on a good seahawks team. Instant contenders for the NFC along with Philly.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I think they knew they needed to do something and do something drastic. Tanking the rest of the season just for better draft placement is not the 49er way, they want to put something positive together even if they aren't playoff bound. They owe it to the fan base at this point. They want to win some games. Do they resign JG?

I feel like Ajayi may just be a flash in the pan. 1 good season last year, done next to nothing this year. Hopefully he can get back to his previous production in Philly. Potentially a massive acquisition, I'm just not sold on him yet. Hopefully for Krich he blows the charts up.
Russell Wilson restructures his contract to make room for probowl offensive lineman. Helping to address the only real deficiency on a good seahawks team. Instant contenders for the NFC along with Philly.
that brown trade is a big one. Probably bigger than the ajayi trade. Im not sold on ajayi yet. I think gase is cleaning house seems like ajayi was a bit of a head case and was doing allot of complaining.

Forgot where i read it or what the stat actually was but was something along the lines of ajayi breaking the most tackles in the league and how much work he had to.do to overcome the o line deficiencies or something. Unfortunately with the way wentz ia playing it doesnt matter...kid is legit

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I feel like the Patriots/Niners trade was good for New England as well. I used to live in New England and I'll tell you only a superbowl matters to the Patriots, anything less is failure.

Viewing from that perspective, they can't win a superbowl with Garapalo if Brady gets hurt. So why keep him around? They have a good enough record half way through the season to make sure they'll make the playoffs, Garapalo was insurance in case of an early season Brady injury to keep them playoff bound. At this point in the season, with a good record, they're all in with Brady. With Garapalo at the end of his contract, they had no hope of resigning him next year. He wants to start and is good enough to get a better offer from somewhere come the offseason. Might as well get a solid pick for him and salary space, than nothing at all. They've doubled down on Brady staying healthy through the playoffs.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I feel like the Patriots/Niners trade was good for New England as well. I used to live in New England and I'll tell you only a superbowl matters to the Patriots, anything less is failure.

Viewing from that perspective, they can't win a superbowl with Garapalo if Brady gets hurt. So why keep him around? They have a good enough record half way through the season to make sure they'll make the playoffs, Garapalo was insurance in case of an early season Brady injury to keep them playoff bound. At this point in the season, with a good record, they're all in with Brady. With Garapalo at the end of his contract, they had no hope of resigning him next year. He wants to start and is good enough to get a better offer from somewhere come the offseason. Might as well get a solid pick for him and salary space, than nothing at all. They've doubled down on Brady staying healthy through the playoffs.
Agreed my confusion is on san frans side.

Benjamin to the bills that was out of no where. I like bemjamin and tyrod hope that works out.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here

Benjamin to the bills that was out of no where. I like bemjamin and tyrod hope that works out.
I agree major pickup for them. They're a sneaky 5-2 right now. Wow

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here

I really don't. I hope he sucks as much as he did when he was in carolina. We play the bills in two weeks so hopefully they dont grow any chemistry until after ;D

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Bummer for Ezekiel Elliot. :(
Tough reality to deal with. If they would have taken the suspension initially he would be past it now and they would be possible contenders.

But then again, if a man believes he's innocent I understand fighting until the end.

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store