Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Just read an article. The additional cost in that article is estimated to be from 2.4 to 8.4 million bucks per year. My guess is that estimate may be low as the author used the gambit of comparing this cost to the entire military budget and stating how small it is by comparison. Two to eight million dollars is still plenty of money in my book.

The article also played down the numbers who might get change operations and thus not be available for deployment. I get that normal men and women can get sick and miss work (deployment) but change surgery is elective is it not?
hello; C-Span had a segment on trans in the military this morning. Turns out the 2 to 8 million cost is a long way short. The talking head stated it will be in the several billions over ten years just to finance the change operations and thousands per month for each changed service member for support drugs/hormones.

Turns out the actual number of folks seeking to get these expensive operations and lifetime drug treatments likely will be much higher than estimated in the article I first read.

Apparently after 18 months of service they can ask for the procedures. This option may also extend to some relatives and family members, but I did not follow how this can be well enough.

As is much too common now days, a lot of media cannot be relied upon to give good information. The talking head cited the article I had read and pointed out flaws in it. Another example of media pushing an agenda.

Reactions: FMA4ME

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
hello; C-Span had a segment on trans in the military this morning. Turns out the 2 to 8 million cost is a long way short. The talking head stated it will be in the several billions over ten years just to finance the change operations and thousands per month for each changed service member for support drugs/hormones.

Turns out the actual number of folks seeking to get these expensive operations and lifetime drug treatments likely will be much higher than estimated in the article I first read.

Apparently after 18 months of service they can ask for the procedures. This option may also extend to some relatives and family members, but I did not follow how this can be well enough.

As is much too common now days, a lot of media cannot be relied upon to give good information. The talking head cited the article I had read and pointed out flaws in it. Another example of media pushing an agenda.
Odd that this is such an issue. I was told that so.eone who is on any long term medical treatment such as diabetes, or high blood pressure can serve....why should the trans get special treatment.

On another note. Im happy about him being serious about this.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ms-13-liberate-our-towns-from-gangs-grip.html

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....and I clicked on here expecting to see something interesting that someone posted...geeze.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
yuppers looks good, little more, ok,ok, lotsa more cheese please.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I'm absolutely blown away by what so much of our tax dollars fund. To think, people think the government needs even more of our money..

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Damn bro !! I couldnt do that to save my life.

Looks good
Thanks but it's nothing really,I just follow the simplest looking recipe that I could find.
yuppers looks good, little more, ok,ok, lotsa more cheese please.
Yeah I know....I thought I had more cheese than that to work with but that was all that was in the fridge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store