Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
skjl47 I usually agree with a lot of what you say but in this case I think you are wrong if you re read the story again. It clearly says in the article "The children, who range in age from 7 months to 5 years, were unhurt." ... So we are talking about three very small VERY young children. The oldest was only 5 year old, that's way too young to be left alone in a car/trusted in a running car. It doesn't matter if the AC was left on or if the car was just outside the building. Children that small should NEVER be left unattended in a vehicle under any circumstances, especially if it is running. So yes, it is it 100% justified that people are saying this is a clear cut case of very poor parenting.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Thinking of packing up already?
No way. I love it here. Just friggin hot all the time. Even when its not hot out its still hot outside lol. Cant escape that humidity man.

skjl47

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
skjl47 I usually agree with a lot of what you say but in this case I think you are wrong if you re read the story again. It clearly says in the article "The children, who range in age from 7 months to 5 years, were unhurt." ... So we are talking about three very small VERY young children. The oldest was only 5 year old, that's way too young to be left alone in a car/trusted in a running car. It doesn't matter if the AC was left on or if the car was just outside the building. Children that small should NEVER be left unattended in a vehicle under any circumstances, especially if it is running. So yes, it is it 100% justified that people are saying this is a clear cut case of very poor parenting.
Hello; Alright I stand corrected about the age of the children and do concede your point about leaving small children in a running car. I get this part. A friend left his two small children in a running car one cold morning in his driveway. Very isolated so no other people around to bother the car but the daughter pulled it out of gear. (He also never had the habit of setting a parking brake) Car rolled down the hill into a tree. So yes small children left in a running car is a bad idea, but this is not the point I was making.

My most recent point on this subject is about how the conversation has somehow drifted from the car jacker and onto the parents. I find it interesting that the discussion has taken this turn. Fair enough this is the lounge and an off topic thread.

Reactions: jaws7777

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No way. I love it here. Just friggin hot all the time. Even when its not hot out its still hot outside lol. Cant escape that humidity man.
Oh I know....A few years ago I spent a week in Homestead,which is probably where I will be relocating to in the future and the heat was downright oppressive.It felt like I had extra weight on me as I was out walking around.
I mean it can get pretty humid here in Philly during the summer but it's nothing like down there.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I forgot you moved to FL recently. I have a buddy that moved from IL down to FL about 30 yrs ago. He loves it down there but says the same thing about the humidity. He says you need to walk around with scuba gear on some days to breath through the humidity lol
Hello; Alright I stand corrected about the age of the children and do concede your point about leaving small children in a running car. I get this part. A friend left his two small children in a running car one cold morning in his driveway. Very isolated so no other people around to bother the car but the daughter pulled it out of gear. (He also never had the habit of setting a parking brake) Car rolled down the hill into a tree. So yes small children left in a running car is a bad idea, but this is not the point I was making.

My most recent point on this subject is about how the conversation has somehow drifted from the car jacker and onto the parents. I find it interesting that the discussion has taken this turn. Fair enough this is the lounge and an off topic thread.
Im guilty of this. I routinely leave my kids in the car when its in the driveway to run inside and grab something.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Same thing is going on over on another forum I post on.We have been discussing the incident and most of the focus has been shifted from a man beaten to death in the middle of the street to the poor decision making on the woman's part.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
I forgot you moved to FL recently. I have a buddy that moved from IL down to FL about 30 yrs ago. He loves it down there but says the same thing about the humidity. He says you need to walk around with scuba gear on some days to breath through the humidity lol
Oh I know....A few years ago I spent a week in Homestead,which is probably where I will be relocating to in the future and the heat was downright oppressive.It felt like I had extra weight on me as I was out walking around.
I mean it can get pretty humid here in Philly during the summer but it's nothing like down there.
The good thing is we're in north florida. When the wife and kids were down here in Feb it was in the 60's and 70's and as high as the 80's but they needed a jacket at night. So at least theres a break coming.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store