Oscar eating mud dauber

Cullonjc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2021
My Oscar just ate a mud dauber that managed to get close to the tank and I just want to make sure it’ll be okay or not ? If not is there anything I can do?

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
My Oscar just ate a mud dauber that managed to get close to the tank and I just want to make sure it’ll be okay or not ? If not is there anything I can do?
Not entirely sure but if I had to guess I would say the Oscar would be just fine. Fish have really tough organs and and even tougher stomach so it’s very unlikely that the wasp will puncture the insides of the fish. I’m sure they eat a lot worse in the wild and live just fine so I don’t see why you should be worried but if you notice any change in the oscars behavior please inform us immediately although not entirely sure on what could be done. Good luck and can we see pictures of the fish

..puSkar..

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2020
It'll be fine. insects are what they eat in nature, more than fish. Oscars are more insectivorous than piscivorous.

Reactions: Cullonjc

Cullonjc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2021
Not entirely sure but if I had to guess I would say the Oscar would be just fine. Fish have really tough organs and and even tougher stomach so it’s very unlikely that the wasp will puncture the insides of the fish. I’m sure they eat a lot worse in the wild and live just fine so I don’t see why you should be worried but if you notice any change in the oscars behavior please inform us immediately although not entirely sure on what could be done. Good luck and can we see pictures of the fish
233ADBA8-2632-4BEC-B48F-F5899EF5F93A.jpeg
here’s the fish in question, I currently have him in a 30 gallon tank which he’s outgrown quite fast( I didn’t know how big they’d grow when I got him), I’m in the process of getting him a nice big tank but I need a new table first

Reactions: Bbuckley

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
View attachment 1462691
here’s the fish in question, I currently have him in a 30 gallon tank which he’s outgrown quite fast( I didn’t know how big they’d grow when I got him), I’m in the process of getting him a nice big tank but I need a new table first
Pretty Oscar. He looks just fine if anything he got a good snack out of it

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Thank you! And perfect just wanted to make sure nothing bad was going to happen
No he’s just fine. I used to sleep with my window open and going to start doing that again at night cause it gets hot in my room with the aquariums in such a little bedroom and when you walk into my room it feels like a sauna lol but anyway wasps use to fly into my room at night and would end up falling into the aquarium and my arowana or cichlids will wake me up in the middle of the night with a big wasp torn into pieces throughout the tank and then all munching on it like popcorn

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store