Other beginner rays beside motoros?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Just wondering, is there really any good beginner ray besides a motoro?

Im getting a 180 to use as a growout for a black arowana and plan to get one or two rays to go along with it.

After they outgrow the 180 they will go into a 375 (96''x36''x26''tall) with two other arowanas.

I was thinking a flower ray but I hear they can be stressed if kept with motoros, I was also thinking of getting two motoros first, then once I get the 375 growout a different species of ray in the 180?

Or maybe just one motoro and one other species?

Any suggestions would be awesome!:headbang2

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
At a size of 400cm, its seems a bit big for my tank.

Isnt it also saltwater? I have heard it only occasoinally enters freshwater...

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
AttackFish;871217; said:
At a size of 400cm, its seems a bit big for my tank.

Isnt it also saltwater? I have heard it only occasoinally enters freshwater...
:confused: :screwy: :grinno:

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Its called sarcasm, The only "Black Ray" I could find was The Thorntail Stingray, and about the only info I could find was wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorntail_stingray

The rays I am thinking about are TRUE flower/tiger rays, yepizi(sp), and leopoldi.

Any other suggestions? I just want something that can go well with one or two motoros that has reletively the same care needs.

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
The black ray he was talking about are leopoldi

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
:ROFL: Oh man, Thanks for clearing that up! I think Im going to get a leopoldi. Im thinking a male motoro and female leopoldi, and maybe once I get my 375 get another kind of ray?

But again, thanks for clearing that up!!!

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
AttackFish;871256; said:
:ROFL: Oh man, Thanks for clearing that up! I think Im going to get a leopoldi. Im thinking a male motoro and female leopoldi, and maybe once I get my 375 get another kind of ray?

But again, thanks for clearing that up!!!
I suppose you can get as many rays as you want in theory. But leo's are expensive.. dropping money for a leo and a 375g later, you have some $$

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
Yeah, it is quite a bit of cash, but its worth it to keep such an awesome animal.

But in the 180 Im just going to have the black arowana, male motoro and female leopoldi.

I'm probably going to get the rays from Aquascapeoneline.com because the motoros are 125 and the leopoldi are 300.

As far as rays go, in the 375.. I'm going to get a marble motoro to go along with the leo and common motoro.

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
Yepezi or any of the peruvian Motoro morphs.

Many of the others are sensitive, or atleast that is what the general public seems to think. I would have to say it has more to do with quality of exporter/importer/vendor. I just think Motoros have more 'room for error' than others.

Don't throw away your money, though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store