Other beginner rays beside motoros?

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
I have heard they somtimes dont do well in pairs and will attack each other during courtship?

I was thinking of getting a pair for my 180 then after they are moved to the 375 to get a marble motoro.

I'm just worried of them beating up on eachother, does this happen often?

I will definately snatch one, or two up if I can find some.

rvrrays

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2005
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Attackfish,

You may want to slow down a little and ease into this. You have mentioned a lot of different rays and they are all slightly different.

Start your tank off with one arrowana and one motoro and see how it goes. Rays are a big commitment.

Colin

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
get 2 leos, then you wont end up with crosses and have a chance to sell some CB leos.

xxblwn408

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2005
iN A sMALL pADDeD RoOm
rvrrays;871872; said:
Attackfish,

You may want to slow down a little and ease into this. You have mentioned a lot of different rays and they are all slightly different.

Start your tank off with one arrowana and one motoro and see how it goes. Rays are a big commitment.

Colin

My thoughts exactly...:screwy:

So far its just I want, I want, I want. He never onced asked what a particular ray would NEED...

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
xxblwn408;872186; said:
So far its just I want, I want, I want. He never onced asked what a particular ray would NEED...
Apparently he thought leo's were still 300.00 :ROFL:

I would agree take it slow with one ray and one arow for now. Rays even at small size eat alot

Alex.P

Feeder Fish
Apr 17, 2007
London
Please don't buy off aquascape. Support small time breeders like rrvrays and rosewood for the motoros and leos from Brent or csx4236. I don't even know if aquascape still sell rays as they were one of the many businesses that stopped selling them because of the ban. BTW if you can find some it would be nice to have more people breeding hystrix. Flower rays and tigers should be kept in huge ponds like TFD's.
Alex

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
to start flower and tiger rays get real big 30inch + disk and they are harder than some other rays

i always hear people in the US saying that leos are expencive now at $1000 you guys just had rays to cheap for so long we would never be able to find a leo hear in the UK for $1000 even at that price its very cheap we are having to pay $2000 for leos hear now from LFS

$1000 = £500 which would be very cheap for a leo £500 is still a fair price for a ray as nice as a leo

most rays are about the same to take care of apart from flower and tiger as long as you get them at a good size they are feeding and not real skinny

people say motoro is a good starter ray because they are more forgiving that doesnt mean you dont need to take care of them as well as other rays

Alex.P

Feeder Fish
Apr 17, 2007
London
They grow very big some even bigger than tiger rays, and at a quicker pace too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store