Other than water changes

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
JEAE21;1211148; said:
I'm wondering how I can get rid of the partial cloudiness that occurs when feces break down..it makes the tank cloudy and seems full of ammonia.
but what filter media will take out the cloudiness?
the bio media will take out the ammonia right?
You pretty much answered your own question. You know what you need to do to keep the water clean. Why risk an animal's life to avoid a few minutes of work?

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
Mystix212;1211879; said:
Fcael matter does not have ammonia in it. When it decomposes and break down, then it TURNS into ammonia, and if you have a decent filtration system, breaks it down before things get bad, or let alone detectable on the ammonia test kits.
i'm getting a canister filter but i read that "no canister filter will pick up crud from the bottom of the tank"

my turtle's feces is always a big blob on the tank bottom..
and when i go in to scoop it out, it breaks up and dissolves..

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
your right, no canister will physically pick up crap off the floor of the tank. how about using a python or something to suck the poop off the floor so that it doesnt just fall apart as you scoop it up (and breaking apart in the process).

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
thanks i ordered one last week, hope it helps!
actually..i hope i scoop it before Cola tries to eat it and makes it messy...

are they really strong though?

Merbeast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
Sacramento, CA
www.thinking-man.net
I still don't get it. You've started how many threads on this topic? How many times did you get different answers? The answers are and continue to be:
1) Do water changes, lots of them.
2) Your filter is not big enough.
3) Your filters are not cycled yet.
Are you going to keep starting new threads until you get the answer you want? What answer do you want? I will tell it to you so you can stop these silly threads.

P.S. Note that Shadowbass had 3 XP3s and a HOB on his 125 gallon turtle tank. Until you start approching that level of filtration and tank size, you will have to endure cloudy water, and you will ALWAYS have to do water changes.

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
yes, the python is strong enough to suck crap off the floor--its what they are designed to do.. ppl use them to suck crap through gravel, so yes it will work.. and like everyone else said.. plenty of waterchanges and lots of filtration.. let us know how it goes!

Liam

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2007
Brisbane - Australia.
Big water changes should remove the cloudiness, no?

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
thanks..i was just too lazy to do BIG water changes..
one thing..it's a bare bottom tank and was wondering if it will still pick it up.
since if you have gravel the crap gets closer to the top of the tube right?

Merbeast

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2007
Sacramento, CA
www.thinking-man.net
JEAE21;1213455; said:
thanks..i was just too lazy to do BIG water changes..
one thing..it's a bare bottom tank and was wondering if it will still pick it up.
since if you have gravel the crap gets closer to the top of the tube right?
Notice how everyone suggests that a python would work well on a bare bottom tank? They suggested it in your other threads as well. No, really, they did. Go read them, it's amazing the amount of time people have wasted giving you good advice and answering the same questions you have asked over and over again. Now, instead of wasting more time, go do a water change and marvel at the results. Heck, come back and tell us how it went, ok?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store