Other than water changes

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
Merbeast;1215023; said:
Notice how everyone suggests that a python would work well on a bare bottom tank? They suggested it in your other threads as well. No, really, they did. Go read them, it's amazing the amount of time people have wasted giving you good advice and answering the same questions you have asked over and over again. Now, instead of wasting more time, go do a water change and marvel at the results. Heck, come back and tell us how it went, ok?

yes it went great..my dad let me borrow his python and i was surprised that it actually "filled" up the tank too.i checked the nitrate levels and they were down too.
thanks

BUT..what I meant was is it any good for a bare-bottom tank..
since i've noticed most people have gravel in their tanks..

i have nothing to "stir" up the crud..

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
Fish Eat Fish;1216302; said:
But he asks the same questions over and over and seems to understand even less the more he asks. I mean he has the drive but not the maturity.
i'm a junior in high school...
i'm not good at sorting through things..and lost track of my other posts i guess..

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
Merbeast;1217517; said:
check these threads (all by the OP):
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97056
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95462
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95474
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95731
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95299
The same questions, over and over again. I don't have the time or patience, but look thru them for yourself and see. But you are right, perhaps I should just let him go and stop posting. And so I shall :)
You do seem like you have alot of time on your hands and patience..you make posts in alot of my "annoying" threads..same with fisheatfish..

heck you even had time to actually sort out all the "annoying threads!lol

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
spexmoneymaker;1217585; said:
i too was chastised for pointing out how many threads this kid makes on the same topic (in the reptile section). but some points for a cleaner tank

-get gravel. it will hide the waste until your next weekly 50% water change. (your doing the water changes right?)
-the python you're getting will make water changes so simple it will be a crime not to do them
-get a canister filter and set the intake so it is touching the stones on the bottom of your tank
-you may want to also get a powerhead and angle it so it blows water towards the intake of your filter
thanks for the summary..will not post about this kinda stuff again..

but the reason i DON'T want gravel in my tank is because I don't keep fish..i keep a turtle.
he's extremely messy(even though I feed him separately)...i can just see him kicking up all the gravel(and the crud in it), also turtles tend to EAT gravel(which is bad), on the filter manual it says that the intake has to be atleast 1" off the tank bottom.

frasertheking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
scotland
atleast 1" off the tank bottom.
thats if you have gravel . so it wont suck it up .

why not get a powerhead so it lows all the crap into the intake or use the filter outlet for this . i dont think you need as much oxygen since the turtles are surface breathers

danny

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2006
uk
hats off to ya jeae21 theres not many guys here that can stay civil when geting the abuse you have,,,,,,if you dont ask you'll never know

navygirl76

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2007
Ohio
www.flickr.com
hey jeae21, i just asked your age because i was curious--i got the feeling that you were younger than most here.. i'm glad you are here asking questions because you do care about your turtle, but i think it may frusterate a few ppl that you seem to ask the same questions in different areas of the forum board..

you're young, and ppl just need to be patient-what may seem like stupid questions (noobie) to them you ask out of seriousness. If i were you, just ask the same question once that way ppl don't get so twisted out of shape and don't take comments personally. Also, maybe you should go to the library and research on your type of turtle and their setup needs along with researching the internet along with this forum board... keep asking questions, and well be happy to help, but you must do research on your part too...best of luck to ya!

JEAE21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2007
CA
thanks navygirl76

Pufferpunk

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
Chicago
www.**************.com
JEAE21;1217765; said:
i'm not good at sorting through things..and lost track of my other posts i guess..
Go to your User CP (at the top) & you can keep track of every thread you have posted in.

but the reason i DON'T want gravel in my tank is because I don't keep fish..i keep a turtle.
he's extremely messy(even though I feed him separately)...i can just see him kicking up all the gravel(and the crud in it), also turtles tend to EAT gravel(which is bad)
I'm telling you--I kept turtles for many years & they were always on gravel. One of the turtles I had was a softshell, so I had to have something for him to burrow in (1/2 sand) & the other liked to poke around in the gravel. Gave him something to di with his day. :)

spexmoneymaker

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
nj
i have always kept my turtles with gravel. its not like they dont encounter small rocks in the wild. and i dont think any filter intake can suck up pebbles (sand yes). i have a FX5 and its doesnt move the gravel at all

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store