Peacock bass not eating pellets

under18fishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2019
Tank info- 90 gal. Water parameters perfect with ideal temperature
Tank has a 12 inch silver aro with a 4 inch monocolus pb(recently bought 3 days before) (earlier there were 2, 1 was killed by the other and aro)... Both don't have any problems with each other the pb doesn't fear the aro, swims nicely without fear... The problem is that the aro eats pellets and pb does not... I can't feed shrimp/frozen/live foods as they are costly.... And wayy far away... How to get him to eating pellets.... The aro has been living in since 3 moths and loves pellets...
Please suggest any method except ones with live/frozen food... Will starvation work? Will aro teach or should I get to foils... Please suggest... It hasn't eaten since 4-5days

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Tank info- 90 gal. Water parameters perfect with ideal temperature
Tank has a 12 inch silver aro with a 4 inch monocolus pb(recently bought 3 days before) (earlier there were 2, 1 was killed by the other and aro)... Both don't have any problems with each other the pb doesn't fear the aro, swims nicely without fear... The problem is that the aro eats pellets and pb does not... I can't feed shrimp/frozen/live foods as they are costly.... And wayy far away... How to get him to eating pellets.... The aro has been living in since 3 moths and loves pellets...
Please suggest any method except ones with live/frozen food... Will starvation work? Will aro teach or should I get to foils... Please suggest... It hasn't eaten since 4-5days
Pellets or die has worked every time for me. Never took longer than 2 weeks on any bass.

Tobiassorensen

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2017
Sweden
Pellets or die has worked every time for me. Never took longer than 2 weeks on any bass.
+1

I agree on this method. Its a game of patience but cichlas are usually greedy esters so it would not take to long before the eat pellets.

Reactions: tcav88 and tlindsey

under18fishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2019
but it is a 4 inch thing... how much energy would it have.... do u have any exp. regarding stavations, please share, it would calm my mind and be really helpful

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
but it is a 4 inch thing... how much energy would it have.... do u have any exp. regarding stavations, please share, it would calm my mind and be really helpful
Can always add a cheap group of dithers such as silver dollars or small Oscars to entice competition then pull them once the bass get the memo... also the bloodworm to pellet route in the stickies... million ways to skin a cat but I’ve stuck to pellets or die for everything I’ve kept, never had a death thus far.

under18fishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2019
Can always add a cheap group of dithers such as silver dollars or small Oscars to entice competition then pull them once the bass get the memo... also the bloodworm to pellet route in the stickies... million ways to skin a cat but I’ve stuck to pellets or die for everything I’ve kept, never had a death thus far.
would tinfoil barbs work

under18fishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2019
the aro i have with him eats pellets too... hikari carni sticks ....can it help ....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store