Peacock Not Eating!

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah I saw someone else’s reply about temperature so I put it up to 87 degrees. He still won’t eat the blood worms I give him, but he’ll eat little pieces of nightcrawlers which are worms which I know are really fatty and maybe not the most healthy thing, but it’s the only thing he will eat. Do you have any suggestions about what he might eat instead that’s a little healthier?
Bloodworms, Mysis Shrimp, Market Shrimp is always a big one for everything I bring in. Give any of those a go

Blakewater

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2018
I’ll try the mysis shrimp because I’ve already tried market shrimp. Do they have it at fish stores I assume?
most stores do. It works good because it slowly thaws and releases, making it look more alive. I haven't had a baby bass not readily accept it.

Reactions: Matteus

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Yeah I saw someone else’s reply about temperature so I put it up to 87 degrees. He still won’t eat the blood worms I give him, but he’ll eat little pieces of nightcrawlers which are worms which I know are really fatty and maybe not the most healthy thing, but it’s the only thing he will eat. Do you have any suggestions about what he might eat instead that’s a little healthier?
That’s a great start if he is accepting crawlers! I would fatten him up on crawlers once he is aggressively attacking take what ever food you want to transition to I would just go straight to pellets (probably use a sinking pellet I personally use massivore). First make a powder out of the pellets cut up the crawler coat the crawler with pellet powder maybe start with half a pellet so he gets used to the taste as he starts accepting the coated worms add more pellet powder to moderately coat and then to heavily coat once he starts accepting then move to pellet crumbs soaked in with worm juice Once he accepts that move to soaking the pellets in the worm juice cut pellets to the same size as crawler and start introducing the pellets he should take the pellet and eat it, if he starts to mouth it and spit it out that’s good keep offering he will eat the pellet it’s a messy process but this is what I have always done to get my bass on pellets that’s the reason for the smaller tank and water changes every other day you can keep exceptional water quality while pellet training. Good luck!

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I’ll try the mysis shrimp because I’ve already tried market shrimp. Do they have it at fish stores I assume?
If you try an asian food market you will find a bunch of frozen foods you can try. I like the baby shrimps or tiny shrimps. You get a big portion for $4.

I agree with both these guys. Just keep trying and don’t give up. Young bass are so picky and can take forever to train. But once you get them eating, you won’t be able to stop them.

it took me 3-4 months to get mine to eat anything other than brine shrimp. They wouldn’t even touch blood worms. So I thawed out some brine shrimp and crushed some pellets and mixed it up and refrozen it. Makes a terrible mess but one day they just ate a pellet and we had a block party to celebrate. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Blakewater
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store