Pearsei need help asap

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Damn man you tried your best. Thats exactly what i thought. Could i just be assuming theres an emotional response because of the overall situation.

Idk why but it just feels wrong to post the vids, at least right now. We all deal with losing fish but for me me most of the time its an "oh man that sucks" reaction, losses are expected in this hobby. With this guy its different. He definitely was a real wet pet. Especially when a fish can cause more headaches than the family dog.

Thats interesting rock,

What how did you take it ? Simple curiosity ? emotional response ? maybe trying to figure out if there was an easy meal to be had ?
I would say simple curiosity from something that was not normal.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
When I had to get rid of my pacu, the Oscar got extremely depressed and sulked for maybe 2 months. Even after I got him new fish to chase. Eventually I he went to another friends tank who has some parrots a bit bigger than him that fight with him enough that he is happy again. Lol

Also when my pbass just gulped one of the loaches from the tank, the loach got stuck in his mouth. He couldn’t wedge it free for for just shy of an hour. It wasn’t going either direction. It looked pretty grim for both fish. The other 2 pbass seemed to stay really close and almost cared for their friend in need. Eventually he was able to dislodge the loach and both survived the ordeal.

Reactions: BIG-G and jaws7777

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Just saw this, that's a shame dude. You gave him a good run.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Damn man you tried your best. Thats exactly what i thought. Could i just be assuming theres an emotional response because of the overall situation.
I think that fish can bond with another fish.
I also believe that when a fish is in distress others are drawn to it.
Is it an emotional response from one fish to another? I don’t know. I tend to think not.
It’s more of an instinctual action.

We humans are emotional beings, so during times of stress and sadness especially dealing with our pets we tend to project our emotion and see an animal just curious about what’s going on as somehow trying to help a friend.

At the same time we also don’t understand the world completely. Fish may just be more complex than we give them credit for.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Haven’t been on in a while... and I come in on this. So sorry about the loss. Looks very similar to what happened to my het.

My pearsei is about 8+ years old and has been showing age and issues. I had noticed a slow anal protrusion that I thought was a breeding tube but as time progressed I realized it was a prolapse. Basically the intestine popping out. I cut way back on feeding. I feed a couple algae wafers every three days or so. She is okay and seems healthy enough but realize now how their feeding really needs to be kept in check. They are such pigs.

I really dont know what I would do if I lost my Porkchop she is such a huge part of the family. I feel for you guys. Again so sorry to hear this sad news.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Haven’t been on in a while... and I come in on this. So sorry about the loss. Looks very similar to what happened to my het.

My pearsei is about 8+ years old and has been showing age and issues. I had noticed a slow anal protrusion that I thought was a breeding tube but as time progressed I realized it was a prolapse. Basically the intestine popping out. I cut way back on feeding. I feed a couple algae wafers every three days or so. She is okay and seems healthy enough but realize now how their feeding really needs to be kept in check. They are such pigs.

I really dont know what I would do if I lost my Porkchop she is such a huge part of the family. I feel for you guys. Again so sorry to hear this sad news.
The kids are soo upset D. Matt finally looked at the tank last night and got really upset. I think this is going to drive him away from the hobby. I Took the poor kid for pizza after school and he was holding back tears in the pizzeria.

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
The kids are soo upset D. Matt finally looked at the tank last night and got really upset. I think this is going to drive him away from the hobby. I Took the poor kid for pizza after school and he was holding back tears in the pizzeria.
Just read thru this post. Really sorry about the fish and the kids. You sound like a really good dad and that's the most important thing. You have a good heart.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
It's good for the kids, it prepared them for larger loss. My son (5) has had preyimg mantis and watched many smaller fish pass and we've spoke about the death of his great Nan one day....
When one of the dogs had to be put to sleep at Xmas he dealt with it better than us!-)

Reactions: Matteus

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Just read thru this post. Really sorry about the fish and the kids. You sound like a really good dad and that's the most important thing. You have a good heart.
Thx man. That means allot.

It's good for the kids, it prepared them for larger loss. My son (5) has had preyimg mantis and watched many smaller fish pass and we've spoke about the death of his great Nan one day....
When one of the dogs had to be put to sleep at Xmas he dealt with it better than us!-)
Definitely something he can learn from. Kid is a softie but in a good way. Lots of sympathy/empathy. Hes been around for losses but nothing like his hulk. Man i cant imagine what they would be like when our dog goes. No exaggeration he still gets sad when our old english bulldog gets mentioned and he was probably 2 yrs old at the time. I have no idea how he remembers him.

We had a good talk last night. Of course we told them they could pick something out after we move, that only pissed him off and says hulk cant be replaced. Eventually got through to him that its sucks and none of our pets can ever be replaced but it does allow us to experience new pets. Doesnt mean we love the new ones anymore than the old, if capone (bulldog) didnt die we would never have minnie (current dog) we dont love her more than capone but just as much. That got him to come around and start looking at fish online. In gonna let him make the choice out of a list we put together.

Infact im going to go post some threads in the cichlid and aro sections.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store