PLEASE HELP!!! MY AROWANA MAY BE DYING!!!

russll_13

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2009
Toronto, Ontario Canada
Can we get and update. Is he doing better, do you still have or are still getting the other two aros? try and post pics of him for us to see if you can. After thats all cleared up i think we will be able to give more advice.

Vanish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
update- the aro is doing better it is actually swimming on its own now. my mom just went out to buy some aquarium salt and a bottle that gets rid of some nitrate stuff... and a bottle to un-cloud the water in the tank. ill take some pictures now and upload it.. through imageshack.

zerojquan85

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2008
So-California, US
I think u got the general idea of how to keep tropical fish now.. with so much comments...
I admit those demeaning comments were very unnecessary..... Happens to everyone who didn't read ahead about keeping tropical fish..

Just to give u a heads up.. For 3 arowana to grow healthy.. suggest u do a 200-300 gallon, If u want the fishes to live to adulthood.. average Silver arowana max length is 30-36"

Best of luck and welcome to the world of tropical fish... its fun but expensive.. :(

Vanish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2009
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
thanks guys... thank you to all that stuck with me and supported me by giving advice... i dont plan to grow these until adulthood max probably 10".. then ill trade it in to Big Al's which is a nice fish store.... or sell it to whomever that wants to take care of these beautiful creatures...

iManipulate

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
You don't plan on growing them? Dude, no matter what you do those fish will grow. And they'll grow fast, within 2 months those fish will be too big for the aquarium.

I suggest you bring the new ones back, and keep the sick one until he's healthy, bring him back and get some other type of fish.

You have to crawl before you can run, start with beginner fish and get aro's when you are well educated :)

russll_13

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2009
Toronto, Ontario Canada
hey what big als do you go to the one on kennedy? glad to hear he pulled through. Only advice i can give now is do waterchanges every week. In a very short time they will out grow the tank so you will have to make plans to accomodate them properly, or you'll end up with dead/ very unhappy aros. remember to do smaller water changes and never ever do 100% of the water. By the way what are you feeding them?

yanfloist

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 1, 2009
minnesota
Vanish;3606699; said:
when i clean my tanks i dump all the water out .... put the gravel aside and scrub the algae.... then i put the gravel back in.. then fill it with new water..... then put the fishes back.... isnt that the right way?
that is something a beginner would do! the best thing you could learn from this is to never do it that way again and start anew.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store