Possible additions

DanielAro501

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2018
I have a. 6x2x2 130 gallon tank that is currently stocked with one 7” silver Arowana, 6 silver dollars, 2 big tinfoil barbs, 2 clown loaches, 4 baby iridescent sharks, a 6” fire eel and two albino channel catfish.I do have plans for the Arowana, in about 3 months I will start construction of a 12x5x4 feet pond, and the iridescents would also go there and eventually might even go to a friends 16 feet pool Pond. The channels would also go to the pond. My question is what could i add because i feel limited by the silver dollars size. I was planning on adding maybe 6 more silver dollars. Some ideas were a Indo Pacific tarpon? But I haven’t been able to find a true aggression on them online. Other idea were maybe two or three pinktail chalceus? Also maybe a banded leporinus? I will also take stocking ideas on what I can add. As for bioload i have a below tank wet/dry trickle sump with a 5 gallon bucket of bioballs and a tiny built in refugium with golden ivy pothos. The return pump has a activated carbon sponge and is working at 950 GPH.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
In a 12x5x4, you could add almost anything you want, that will get too big not to be eaten, but not outgrow the pond (arapaima and RTC are some of the only fish I can think of that would actually do this).
In the 130, I would definitely not get any more fish. Constructing a tank of that size is going to take a long time, your 130 is going to be very cramped before you finish it. I would be finding other tanks for the fish you already have in the meantime, maybe someone will hold onto some of them for a bit.
Good luck

DanielAro501

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2018
In a 12x5x4, you could add almost anything you want, that will get too big not to be eaten, but not outgrow the pond (arapaima and RTC are some of the only fish I can think of that would actually do this).
In the 130, I would definitely not get any more fish. Constructing a tank of that size is going to take a long time, your 130 is going to be very cramped before you finish it. I would be finding other tanks for the fish you already have in the meantime, maybe someone will hold onto some of them for a bit.
Good luck
Ok thats true thanks

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
On this site (USA) that's a 180g, guessing your in the UK like me with UK gallons.

Still way too many fish in there dude, Nd aquatics do custom tanks, you will need something like a 10x3x3 to keep all them fish dude...
Sell the car:)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
So don't add anymore till the new tank arrives imo.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store