Public Outrage halts states execution of Snake head ...

pdbrady

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2006
Springfield, MO
Ransom;2842570; said:
why why why can they not shipp it to maryland? (was that the right state?)
No, Maryland is the LAST place for him. That's where the snakeheads populated a few years back, and wiped out entire populations in ponds and small lakes. They don't like them there ;). It needs to go over the border into Canada to be safe. I signed this weeks ago.

ceeej31

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2008
New England
pdbrady;2843229; said:
No, Maryland is the LAST place for him. That's where the snakeheads populated a few years back, and wiped out entire populations in ponds and small lakes. They don't like them there ;). It needs to go over the border into Canada to be safe. I signed this weeks ago.
read the article, maryland is also the only state where some species of channa are legal

Benfica

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2008
Ontario
Wow this is so sad. I was be angry somethign i have owned for 10years being taken away from me how dispicable.

I saw a show on this a while back called guinea pig. He went to canada or uk not sure to find a snake head and then he put his hand in the same take to see if it would bite and he started bleeding ike crazy it was funny. The owner then went on to say thatif they manage to escape they will casue the homeoowner tons of damage and ther ehave been cases of it eatnig dogs and cats. What a great fish its a waste for it to go no where.

I would take the fish just not enough room. Hope someone gets it before its put down.

Gl

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
Benfica;2843325; said:
Wow this is so sad. I was be angry somethign i have owned for 10years being taken away from me how dispicable.

I saw a show on this a while back called guinea pig. He went to canada or uk not sure to find a snake head and then he put his hand in the same take to see if it would bite and he started bleeding ike crazy it was funny. The owner then went on to say thatif they manage to escape they will casue the homeoowner tons of damage and ther ehave been cases of it eatnig dogs and cats. What a great fish its a waste for it to go no where.

I would take the fish just not enough room. Hope someone gets it before its put down.

Gl
i hope someone gets him,...

srikamaraja

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2007
Vernon, CT
I signed the petition. Regulations need to be made concerning the ACTUAL water quality parameters that a particular fish species can survive in. Northern snakeheads, which range all the way north to the yellow river in China, can survive as far north as Maryland. This animal could only conceivably be a problem in FL, HI, or one of the southern border states.

It is the duty of a righteous man to defy an unjust law. Power to Chris and Rocky.

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
Why do stupid people release their fish into the wild and start problems like this if everyone just kept their own fish or even donated them to a lfs or something this would not be a problem

krzr3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2006
CT
This pisses me off. This guy can't keep his 10 year old fish but everyday idiots can go buy dogs, let them reproduce, then dump them somewhere. Wasting gov't money on animals control, etc. Not to mention how this fish can't survive where they are located. This situation is out of hand...and frankly embarrassing.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Looks like it gets to live a bit longer. That's good news. What kind of Channa is that anyways?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store