Pvc hiding spot

Ilikebigfish88

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2015
NY
Has anybody ever used clear pvc for a hiding spot? Right now I have two 18" white pvc pipes for my eel, but it doesn't look all that great. I like the idea of the clear pvc, but I'm not too sure If the eel would use them if they were clear.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
for the pvc in my 75 gallon, i used silicone and stuck gravel to it then spray painted the inside. it came out looking pretty decent. if i remember to or if you're interested ill take a picture of it.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I use white PVC in my tank for my eels, i just hide them under plants etc... I would guess if it was clear they may not actually be as tempted to use it, due to them possibly not feeling secure inside a clear tube???

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I use white PVC in my tank for my eels, i just hide them under plants etc... I would guess if it was clear they may not actually be as tempted to use it, due to them possibly not feeling secure inside a clear tube???
If eels choose not to use one that would be why. I would say whether they worked or not but my BGK is too small to use the one I have.

Ilikebigfish88

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Oct 19, 2015
NY
for the pvc in my 75 gallon, i used silicone and stuck gravel to it then spray painted the inside. it came out looking pretty decent. if i remember to or if you're interested ill take a picture of it.
Yeah, I'd definitely like to see a picture

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Yeah, I'd definitely like to see a picture
It used to be completely covered but my midevil picks at it.
I've considered gluing a couple plants to it but it's have to take it and cure it and it's not worth it. In retrospect I would've glued some plants to it and some larger stones to it instead of only covering it in the same gravel thats in the tank.
image.jpeg

Reactions: Ilikebigfish88

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
It used to be completely covered but my midevil picks at it.
I've considered gluing a couple plants to it but it's have to take it and cure it and it's not worth it. In retrospect I would've glued some plants to it and some larger stones to it instead of only covering it in the same gravel thats in the tank.
View attachment 1192222
That looks like it took a lot of time and silicone. Both of which I wish I had more of.

jamntoast

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2014
winnipeg
I was recently thinking about putting some PVC in one of my ranks, to camouflage it I was going to cut a hollow log/branch/wood bit that I have (too narrow to use as a cave) and silicone the pieces on so it looks like a log. I think that should blend in nice. The rock idea is good too. I might borrow that.

Reactions: Ilikebigfish88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store