Question about Metro + Focus and feeding.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
How much Epson salt should I add to the tank? I haven't been doing this but I will.

Since I am feeding metro is it a bad idea to add to the water too? Fear of overdosing ?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Honestly I have never really measured, magnesium sulfate at lower rates is pretty harmless. In a 75 gallon, I would add a couple of cups that have been dissolved in tank water. As far as adding metro to the tank water, that's your call, but if it was my fish at this point I would. Otherwise the chance for reinfection will always be there. The last thing you want to do with meds is under dose, and have any of the pathogens survive. So short of moving your fish to a qt tank, and continuing to treat orally, while treating the display tank on its own, I don't see another option.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
If someone has any additional thoughts, or better ideas, feel free to jump in.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
How much Epson salt should I add to the tank? I haven't been doing this but I will.

Since I am feeding metro is it a bad idea to add to the water too? Fear of overdosing ?
Has the hith began to heal? I can't see it in the picture.
It's never really gotten any worse since early on and seem to look a bit better some days while other days it looks more noticeable.

Definitely not getting deeper or larger to the point of easily identifying it. You would need to measure in less than a mm to find a difference. Keep in mind this spot has been around since like may.

Since the beginning he has always had a few wierd poops.

So I believe he has always had the parasite in him.but was not an issue till the eye injury in.april

After a week of.meth blue dips I hope the small wound will be alot better

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Negative, elevated temps increase the risk of an increase in bacteria load, which your fish with HITH doesn't need. With all the threads that you have going regarding this fish you should start taking notes.

Reactions: Rocksor
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store