Raising Nandopsis haitiensis.

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
Jhay3513 Jhay3513 - I'm about three hours from Charlotte in Chapel Hill. Where'd you get these? COA or wetspot or maybe somewhere else? They're looking good. A good water change schedule and regular maintenance works wonders.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Jhay3513 Jhay3513 - I'm about three hours from Charlotte in Chapel Hill. Where'd you get these? COA or wetspot or maybe somewhere else? They're looking good. A good water change schedule and regular maintenance works wonders.
NC Family!!!! I got them from a new fish store in Huntersville called upscale aquatics. Funny story, I went in and put my name on the list and checked back weekly but their supplier wouldn't send the fish. I got tired of my fiancé asking me what I'm doing with that empty aquarium in the living room (it was fishless cycling while I waited) so I pulled the trigger on some red tiger motas. The motas came on a Friday, I put them in the tank and 10 minutes later, after a month of waiting, the fish store called me to tell me that the Haitiensis had arrived. I slept on it and woke up the next morning and took the motas in to trade for the haits.

Reactions: tarheel96

Brandonclark88

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2017
Just picked up 3 Haitiensis yesterday. Read some great advice in this thread thank you everyone! Keeping water around 86 degrees and feeding a veggie based diet with frequent changes. Have 1 male for sure, 1 I think is a female and one I'm not sure on possibly subdominant male. Around the 1.5-2" range.

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Just picked up 3 Haitiensis yesterday. Read some great advice in this thread thank you everyone! Keeping water around 86 degrees and feeding a veggie based diet with frequent changes. Have 1 male for sure, 1 I think is a female and one I'm not sure on possibly subdominant male. Around the 1.5-2" range.

You get them locally? Or order them from somewhere? Good luck man.

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Good stuff!!!!!!

JakeAlmighty

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2016
Canada
Also just happens that COA is about to have some little guys available. And my umbee is moving into his new home soon so I will have an empty 135 coming up.

As always Duane's quality information and Beautiful pictures.

I recently got some acrylic dividers. I could try to make like 5 sections in the 6ft tank water flow may be abit restricted to the middle section though. And I've always hated the look of light defusers.

So your saying I should start with the tank divided from the go.

do we have any pictures of Dans pair or their offspring? I've received some requests from Canadians up here to breed these and supply them up here so I was considering adding them to my order, seen as CotA has them available right now.

and you guys recommend permanent temp 84-86 for these guys? I will have to prep another growout tank!

Jhay3513

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Charlotte, NC
do we have any pictures of Dans pair or their offspring? I've received some requests from Canadians up here to breed these and supply them up here so I was considering adding them to my order, seen as CotA has them available right now.

and you guys recommend permanent temp 84-86 for these guys? I will have to prep another growout tank!
From what I understand people raise them at the higher temp when they're smaller because in the wild the hang out in warmer shallow waters when they're young and move to cooler deeper water as adults.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store