Rays on a budget- My (somewhat long) story w/pics

Clearwater guy

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Michigan, USA
Oh geez...crazy typos up there and no ability to edit. LOL

Thank you for the encouragement, Miguel.

takagari

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2009
Manitoba
Wow just walked my way through this thread. I've been trying to find Talipia locally for some time. No luck :(

I'm putting a room up in the new year for my alligator to eventually move into, along with my Reticulated python collection. And I have a rather large area of floor space left. You sir have inspired me to look at ray's.

Good luck with everything. Post updates soon, hope your feeling better. Are you in one of the states which recently legalized weed? I hear it helps :)

Childsp

Feeder Fish
Dec 27, 2012
Nashville TN
Hey Clearwater,

I am brand new to this site and have been looking for some Tilapia, I was reading some much older posts and saw you starting your dream of aquaculture farming, some quick google searches later led me to a post over at Michigan short track racing club and your story there and then hit this most recent post about your mother and other hard ships and it just hit me so hard, as I said I'm brand new to this place and I just wanted to let you know your story is still being written and you can overcome these obstacles. Send an email to Childsp@gmail.com if you have some Tilapia fry/fingerlings for sale with price and shipping to 37214. Thanks and hang in there.

swarm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 1, 2009
Australia
Thankyou for the great thread Mike its been a great read all 89 pages of it. If only i had your determination.....

Cheers from Down under
Dan

Clearwater guy

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Michigan, USA
Thanks for all the inspiration everyone. Things are status-quo right now I suppose, and I'm plugging along. Made another batch of food, got everything around here staying healthy, but at the same time, I am looking for some other source of income while I work through some of these issues. I just had a great offer that was rescinded, So I'm kind-of bummed again, but it's nothing that's going to kill me. Today I got invited to a town hall meeting with the Governor, so that's kind-of cool...maybe I should go into politics LOL.

Mike

Reactions: Matteus

Pbass265

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2012
cincinnati
Wow this popped up today and inspired me to read the whole thing. I love that you included the good and bad, it made me not feel as bad when stuff happens to me. Good luck with all this and keep us updated from time to time.

Clearwater guy

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Michigan, USA
I have been working on a plan of action and have resorted to the admission that I need to seek outside employment for several reasons. I believe that I have a job offer coming in the next day or so and it is giving me a lot of mixed emotions. I began looking for part-time, or temporary work, to bridge a gap here until I could make it to the next step, however the opportunity that has arisen seems to be a possible long-term career choice that I need to accept.

This has kept me up many nights. I don't really have the energy to run a side-line business in addition to working 45hrs per week, but I don't want to give up on my business either. This is difficult, but I have realized a few things that are important to consider.

First, no job can keep me against my will. I used to think that my job was everything and without it I would be nothing. The last few years have taught me a lot, and I know that if I am not happy there, I can quit once I get some money in the bank and get a few things paid for.

Second, if I enjoy the work environment, there is no reason why I can't do both things. I don't have to do it all myself. If I get a building up, there isn't really anything in there that I couldn't pay a college kid an hourly part-time wage to keep up on.

I'm not closing any doors or ending any chapters. The last year has been very difficult for me in many ways and I'm happy to report that the light is still bright at the end of the tunnel regardless of the haze that has been attempting to block it.

Mike

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Good to Hear. Keep plugging away and you'll get there. Keep yourself happy is the main thing. But you've gotta eat as well.

Clearwater guy

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 27, 2010
Michigan, USA
Just came across a couple of cool pics from a few months ago. This dude somehow slipped into the basement from the Koi pond that is by our deck. We didn't put him here, nor did we remove him. I suspect he became a meal for someone. Nature is pretty neat.

DSC_1141.JPG

DSC_1143.JPG

bassfisher91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2012
New York
I was too busy admiring the tig to see the frog lol. I've followed your story this whole time and it's been interesting watching it unfold. Good to see you're still optimistic though. As cliche as it is, everything will be alright in the end, if it's not ok, it's not the end. Keep on swimming everyone, myself included haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store